To see others blind, denotes that some worthy person will call on you for aid.... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
If you dream of somebody else who is blind, it is a warning that someone you trust is trying to deceive you.... My Dream Interpretation
If you yourself are the blind one, the predictions are that you are overlooking personal faults and are due for some changes, either in your occupation or living conditions.... Psycho Dream Interpretation
(1) Ask yourself what you are turning a blind eye to. Is it something external: some problem in your work or in your domestic partnership? Lack of success in one job or in one relationship does not necessarily mean that you are a failure. It may mean only that you are failing or not getting fulfilment in that particular job or relationship. So look for another, more suitable one. On the other hand, what has gone wrong in your external life may be an effect of some repressed material in your unconscious, so see (2) below.
(2) Are you refusing to see what is going on inside you? Obviously, what is going on inside you - emotional conflict, for example - may be a result of your present work or domestic situation. It may, how ever, have a long history: perhaps the conflict, or guilt-feelings and failure- programming, or self-denigration or whatever, started in childhood. Whatever it is, face up to it; stop ignoring or evading it. First, identify it and then try to get back to the time in your life when it first showed itself. It may be difficult to trace repressed material to its origins w ithout the help of a psychotherapist. But make a real effort, asking your unconscious to reveal more of itself, and more clearly, in your dreams (or, for that matter, in meditation). The unconscious is not your enemy, it is there to assist and guide you in your quest for happiness and wholeness.
It is repressed desires, festering w’ithin your
unconscious, that are your enemies, and even they are enemies only so long as you continue to ignore and neglect them.
(3) Being blind may mean not knowing where you are going and / or a feeling of helplessness. In that case, you need to challenge the ‘you’ that is making excuses for not taking control of and accepting responsibility for your life. Take this Vou’ in hand. You are not blind: you can see very w’ell w’hat is going on in your psyche - if you w ant to.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
In ancient Greece, the seer Tiresias was blind. In this sense, the oneiric blindness represents preference for insight discovery over external perception. Therefore, it symbolizes wisdom and self-knowledge.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
2. Fears of castration. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you are experiencing a loss of vision in your dream, you may be expressing an unconscious fear of being unable to see what is coming next in your life. Consider that a person who is blind represents limited sight but also the increase of other senses, especially intuition. Being unable to see exactly how things are going to manifest is often the very ingredient necessary for them to do so. Blind faith is one of the most powerful energies there is.
(See Disability.)... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
Dreams are a universal feature of the human mind. Carl Jung even believed that visions in our dreams offer glimpses into universal archetypes, instinctive primordial images derived from a collective unconscious built into the very structure of the human brain. You might think, then, that even blind people could tap into this instinctive pool of primordial images and see them in their dreams.
There have been studies into whether or not congenitally blind people dream in visual images, but the findings have been mixed— some studies conclude that congenitally blind people do not dream in visual images, whilst other reports conclude that may do. The general consensus is that although people who are blind certainly do dream, their dreams are believed to be visual only to the extent that they can see, or could see before their blindness, in their waking life. People who are blind from birth are believed to have dreams that are primarily auditory, with their other intact senses participating to about the same degree that they do in a sighted person’s dreams. Such people are not thought to dream in visual images. People who are legally blind but are able to see blurs of movement, light and color would have a visual dimension to their dreams matching what they see when they are awake.... The Element Encyclopedia
2. A need to reevaluate reasons or motives for actions or current attitudes.
3. Disappointments in the ofﬁng. ... New American Dream Dictionary
To blindfold someone else means you have knowledge that you should be giving to someone else.... Gypsy Dream Dictionary
The omen is worse if you stumble in the dream.... The Complete Dream Book
If you dream that you are being blindfolded, then this dream is showing you that you may be following someone blindly, or giving up your control issues and learning to trust. Consider the feeling tone.... Strangest Dream Explanations
It is a transition between two states. It also signifies some kind of initiation.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If we are blindfolding someone else, we are not being honest in our dealings with other people. This may be through ignorance on our part.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If we are blindfolding someone else we are not being honest in our dealings with other people. This may be through ignorance on our part.
2- Psychologically we may need to spend time ‘in retreat’ that is cut off” from visual contact with the external world.
3- In spiritual terms, blindfolding is a rite of Passage.
It is a transition between two states.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
3. Feelings of ignorance.
4. Codependence (leading the blind).
5. Adventures to come (also leading the blind). ... New American Dream Dictionary
A blind man in a dream represents a poor person and because of his poverty, his actions mostly harm his religious life. Blindness in a dream also means a calamity, an accident, a misfortune, sadness, harm, sorrows and distress.
If a blind man sees himself wrapped with new cloth in a dream, it means his death. Ifone sees himselfblind in a dream, it means debts he owes, or a pilgrimage he must attend.
If one is blinded in a dream, it means that he will betray his covenant with his Lord. Becoming blind in a dream means suffering from poverty and becoming needy after being rich, or it could mean satisfaction and contentment, or it could mean losing a dear person. Ifone’s sight explodes with a lightning in a dream, it means his death. Blindness also could denote deafness, disregarding the world or renouncing it or hiding one’s secrets. As for a foreigner, seeing himself blind in a dream means never returning to his homeland. Blindness in a dream for a prisoner means his release from jail.
If a seeker, a student, or a businessman sees himselfblind in a dream, it means that he may never reach his goals.
(Also see Body); Destruction; Eyes; Fear; One-eyed; World)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The dreamer is threatened by the unconscious material being processed by the dream, and he cannot bring it to his conscious attention.
The good news is that dreams are cyclical in nature.
A message that cannot get through at the current time will repeat itself at a future date.
The very central point of dreams is to make us aware of all aspects of ourselves and our lives. Enlightenment and integration of unconscious and conscious components take time and desire. What you cannot see in a dream currently will become visible when you are more able to effectively cope with the message. This definition also applies to darkness and sleep as dream symbols.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If you’re the one who’s blind, someone close to you is about to betray you.
If someone else in your dream is blind, it means deceit, and you should be alert to any type of treacherous behavior around you.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
2- Intellectually we may be aware of certain facts, but choose not to use that knowledge in the most appropriate way.
3- Spiritually, blindness is a form of ignorance. It can suggest the irrational.
It is also a form of initiation.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
Entering a situation in which impartiality is nothing less than essential. In the Tarot, Justice is blinded so that she may render a fair judgment.
Not seeing something that’s important, a refusal to face reality, or overlooking the obvious (e.g., “wearing blinders”).
A sense of helplessness.
A type of desertion dream.
Turning your back on the issues due to overt romanticism (e.g., “love is blind”).
Wearing a blindfold: Self-imposed inattentiveness or ignorance; refusal to see things for what they are truly.... The Language of Dreams
Depth Psychology: This dream is usually a warning: stop going through life with your “eyes closed.” It is also a challenge to stop turning a “blind eye” to the opportunities and dangers of everyday life—open your eyes to reality. See Deafness, Eyes.... Dreamers Dictionary
It is also a form of initiation.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
As a dream symbol, blindness represents lack of awareness, either being truly unaware of something important that is occurring in one’s life or “turning a blind eye” to something about which one does not wish to know. Also, because our culture associates blindfolds with firing squads, blindfolds may indicate the sense of carrying out an execution, or of being executed.... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
To dream that you are opening the blindes indicates that you are ready to reveal something hidden.... My Dream Interpretation
If the former is the case, it may be obvious to you: recent encounters with your brother or sister, or some piece of news about him or her may be recognized as prompting the dream. Always be on the look-out, though, for those dreams where a brother or sister plavs a symbolic role. The dream source may choose its materials - its images - from your recent external experiences, but what those dream images represent is nearly always some part of yourself. So please read on.
(2) In early childhood a brother or sister is a natural object of jealousy and hatred. In the eyes of a small child the mother may seem to be favouring his or her sibling. When a second child is bom, the firstborn is especially likely to develop hostile feelings towards the new’ rival for mother’s attention and affection. Sometimes w’e carrv such jealous grievances (at an unconscious level) into adult life, w’here they continue to affect our behaviour and attitudes.
It is then imperative that w’e sort them out, face up to them, acknowledge them for w’hat they are, and so liberate ourselves from their damaging influence (see (3) below, second paragraph, on projections).
(3) An elder brother or sister (brother for a male dreamer, sister for a female dreamer) may represent your ‘other self (‘alter ego’), that side of your personality that has so far been neglected and undeveloped. Jung called it ‘the Shadow’’. We start adult life w’ith a self-image that is usually some sort of compromise between what w’e w’ant to be or do and w’hat parents or society at large seems to require of us.
If this self-image corresponds to our actual abilities, all may be well for a while; but a time mav come w hen wre need to give attention to other facets of our (potential) self. These other facets - our Shadow- - will show- themselves to us in dreams; and one form they take in dreams is that of an elder brother or sister.
People often project their shadow- on to a sibling of the same sex as themselves; and if it is not projected, it may express itself in all kinds of aw kward and embarrassing ways - astonishing rudeness, for example, or other antisocial behaviour. The contrast between your conscious ego and your alter ego mav be as startling as that between Jekvll and Hyde. Don’t be alarmed, though: remember alw-ays that your unconscious is vour ally - vour best friend - and even the most frightening or appalling things that reveal themselves in dreams as parts of vour unconscious are frightening or appalling, first, because of their unfamiliaritv and / or secondly, because, having been neglected and locked away in the dark, they tend to behave like a neglected child and mav become mutinous (on this phenomenon, see Demon). Pay proper attention and proper respect to them, and their threatening features will disappear; they will prove themselves valuable supplements to vour personal equipment for coping with life and achieving full satisfaction and wholeness. Introduce them into your consciousness, identify them and their needs, and give them a controlled and appropriate part to play in your waking life.
Incidentally, one test you can apply to check whether you have a neglected shadow-self is to ask yourself if there is some characteristic that you particularly dislike in other people (particularly your partner): a domineering tendency’, perhaps, or an over-liberal attitude, or whatever.
If there is (and of course you need a lot of honesty’ to admit this), then that characteristic is likely to belong to your shadow-self. We tend to project on to other people the dark, ‘nasty5 things that live in our own unconscious.
If something is going wrong in our life, we tend to put the blame on to other people, the government, or our parents; we look for some scapegoat to carry the blame. The blame, how ever, is ours, because we have not put our own house in order: we have not paid due attention to the demands of our unconscious and have not allowed our ‘other self proper scope for expression in our life.
(4) When a female dreams of a brother, or a male dreams of a sister, the brother / sister may represent w’hat Jung called the ‘soul-image’, w’hich is the masculine side of a woman’s personality (her animus) or the feminine side of a man’s personality (his anima). There would seem to be very basic differences between man and woman arising out of different biological functions (as well as less basic differences that owe their existence to social conditioning). There are w’hat have traditionally been called feminine qualities and capacities (such as gentleness, a caring disposition, creativeness, cooperativencss and relatedness, intuition) and, similarly, what have been called masculine qualities (such as aggressiveness and competitiveness, rationality’, and a tendency to analyse and look for differences). However, it is widclv accepted nowadays among psychotherapists that the male psyche also contains feminine qualities and the female psyche also contains masculine qualities, albeit often dormant and neglected, or repressed.
If you arc a man, do you admire the ‘masculine’ tv pc of woman? If vou do, vou may be in need of redressing the balance in vour psyche: vour feminine side
has possibly swamped your masculinity, and you now need to promote the latter. In your case, the anima will be rather masculine. This is just one instance of a general rule: the animus / anima will have the opposite characteristics to the conscious self-image.
Either male or female dreamers may find themselves in a dream in an heroic relationship to an anima / animus figure. A man may, in a dream, rescue a damsel in distress; a woman may waken a dead prince with a kiss. These should be seen as invitations to incorporate your anima / animus into vour conscious functioning, to rescue it from oblivion and neglect: to make Cinderella or the Frog-Prince your partner in life. Personal wholeness cannot be achieved without this. See also Cinderella, Frog, section (3), Marriage.
(5) A sister in a man’s dream or a brother in a woman’s dream may take the dreamer into some frightening abyss, to the bottom of the sea, or into a dark forest. This may represent the man’s anima or the woman’s animus leading the ego into the unconscious, to discover, for example, the deep emotional causes of a psychosomatic illness; the repressed rage that lies at the bottom of a chronic boredom; or the fount of energy or wisdom that can furnish a more fully satisfying existence. Literary and mythological representations of this can be found in the examples of Beatrice, who led Dante safely into hell and out again, and Ariadne, whose thread enabled Theseus to find his way out of the Cretan labyrinth after slaying the Minotaur. Both hell and labyrinths are symbols of the unconscious. See also Labyrinth, Monster, Underworld.
(6) Sometimes the anima / animus figure in a dream may appear in some way hostile or threatening. For example, in a man’s dream the anima may take the form of an enchantress, a femme fatale, seducing men into a lake or ocean. The watery depths may be seen as symbolizing the depths of the unconscious. The meaning of such a dream may be that the dreamer needs to explore his other - unconscious - self, despite (or, more accurately, because of) its frightening and threatening aspect. Water, however, is a symbol of the feminine, too. The meaning of the dream, therefore, might be that die dreamer is too heavily fixated on his mother and needs to liberate himself by asserting his masculinity and independence; in extreme cases the man might be in danger of being “possessed’ or ‘swallowed up’ by the feminine within his psyche. Such a dream may be, however, not a warning, but an invitation: the unconscious may be urging the man to get on better terms - equal terms - with the feminine side of his psyche. Give your anima / animus equality, and it will cease from its mutinous attempts to take over the whole of your psyche.
In the case of a woman, a dream may contain a male seducer: some Pied Piper animus figure. Again, the dreamer will have to decide whether such a dream is a warning or an invitation: a warning against being carried away by her masculinity (perhaps she has not resolved her early father fixation), or an invitation to discover and utilize her neglected masculinity. Commonsense and, above all, honesty should guide her to the correct understanding of the dream; and in any case, bear in mind what was said above about giving equality to the anima / animus.
(7) The unconscious compensates the conscious mind. It contains those qualities and capacities which the conscious mind lacks. In this sense it is the opposite of the conscious mind; hence its otherness, its alien appearance.
It follows, therefore, that the image that represents anima or animus in a dream may be the opposite of the psychological type to which the dreamer belongs. For example, if you are a woman of the intellectual type (i.e. if thinking is your strong point at the conscious level), your animus may be represented in dreams as a sentimental type (a romantic Don Juan, for instance).
If you are a sentimental woman (moved at the conscious level mainly by feelings - including moral feelings), your animus may show itself as a bearded professor or other intellectual figure.
If you are an intuitive woman (an artist, for instance), your animus mav take a muscular he-man form in dreams (the sensational type, functioning most strongly at the sensory level).
(8) If brother and sister appear together in a dream, this may symbolize either the tension of opposites, or the union of opposites. The opposites are the conscious and the unconscious contents of the psyche. Their union and interfusion are the means by which the self- the true self that is already within you but waits to be unfolded - is realized.
The appearance of this symbol will usually be an auspicious sign, meaning that, despite all appearances to the contrary, there is within you a latent and attainable order and harmony. But of course you - the conscious ego - must make that latent order real by paying loving attention to the needs of your unconscious opposite (like the prince who wakes the sleeping beauty with an embrace).... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If a woman dreams of a younger brother, it can express either her own or her brother’s rivalry or vulnerability, but if she dreams of an older brother, it might signify her extrovert self.
The sister in dreams usually represents the feeling, expressive side of your personality and you can make contact with that side of yourself by understanding your sister’s personality.
If a man dreams of older sisters, it can represent anxiety but also caring.
If the sister is younger, however, she can symbolize the vulnerable side of the male dreamer.
If a woman dreams of younger sisters, it can suggest rivalry, but if she dreams of older sisters, she may be concerned about her own practicality.... The Element Encyclopedia
If his relationship with them was estranged, it will be re-established.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
2. Someone to call on for special help. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you dream that your sister has died: your life will take a turn for the worse. Saying goodbye to your sister: you will be on your own in the near future. Seeing a nun: you will receive help in a dire situation.
A woman dreaming about a nun: be more helpful to others. See Nun.
Depth Psychology: If you have a sister, the dream will reveal the real relationship you have with her. Sometimes the dream may refer to character traits that, while similar, do not quite match those of your sister. See Siblings.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you do not have a sister and dream that you have one, then it implies that you possess certain qualities that you have not discovered as of yet. Consider what the sister is saying and doing.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
If you don’t have a sister, then this dream reflects someone with whom you share a kinship, a sisterly bond where your secrets are safe and you feel nurtured.
For some a sister represents rivalry or competition. Consider the feeling tone.... Strangest Dream Explanations
If she is younger then she can epitomize the more vulnerable side of him. In a woman’s dream if the sister is younger, she can represent rivalry.
If older she stands for capability.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If you two have different relationships with your parents, your dream may be calling attention to your feelings about that. Or, someone you just met could have qualities similar to your sister.
If you do not have a sister and dream that you have one, then it signifies some qualities that you need to find or develop within your own self. Pay attention to the actions and behavior of your dream sister, for they are your biggest clue about what those qualities might be.... My Dream Interpretation
For a man, it signifies emotional security, but for a woman, it portends domestic disagreements.
An objective dream of sibling unity between sisters is an indication of emotional stability.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
This kind of dream can also acknowledge one’s close feelings with others who are like a sister.... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
The feminine side of the dreamer, the emotional side. According to Steckel and Freud, breasts.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
If you are arguing with your sister-in-law, it may imply that you refuse to accept that you both have certain aspects or attributes in common.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
If you do not have step-brothers and step-sisters in waking life, this may indicate a lack of intimacy and connection in your current social circle. See also RELATIONSHIPS.... The Element Encyclopedia