If the cat is overpowered, he will recover quickly. But if the cat bites him he will remain ill for a lengthy period. According to Imaam Muhammad bin Sireen his illness will span for one whole year. And a wild cat bespeaks of more serious illness and for a greater period.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
(Also see Dog)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
To see fighting, denotes that you are squandering your time and money.
For women, this dream is a warning against slander and gossip.
For a young woman to see her lover fighting, is a sign of his unworthiness.
To dream that you are defeated in a fight, signifies that you will lose your right to property.
To whip your assailant, denotes that you will, by courage and perseverance, win honor and wealth in spite of opposition.
To dream that you see two men fighting with pistols, denotes many worries and perplexities, while no real loss is involved in the dream, yet but small profit is predicted and some unpleasantness is denoted.
To dream that you are on your way home and negroes attack you with razors, you will be disappointed in your business, you will be much vexed with servants, and home associations will be unpleasant.
To dream that you are fighting negroes, you will be annoyed by them or by some one of low character. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. Conﬂicts in waking life getting out of control; explore more creative resolutions.
3. Bad luck in relationships. ... New American Dream Dictionary
A fight in a dream also means inflation and rising prices, plague, food lines, adversities or stress.
If a soldier sees himself engaged in a battle in a dream, it means that he will receive benefits and a rewarding success. Fighting unjust people in a dream means triumph over injustice, supporting the needs of one’s father or mother first, or being protective of one’s wife or husband. Fighting against the truth in a dream means aligning oneself with heedless people or going astray.
(Also see Disbelief; Killing; War; Wrestling)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
Example: ‘I realised a door had been left open that should have been locked and I felt very vulnerable. Suddenly a sword of light appeared in my hand and a voice told me that it was my weapon to fight the evil’ (Mrs DE).
A fight also depicts, as in the example, fighting for our space; our values or honour, we may fight for survival, for our health, fight crime (resist criminal impulses); we may also feel attacked by another person’s opinions, assaulted by sexual desire; fight against depression; have a conflict over moral issues. See attack; war. Idioms: fight it out; fight like cat and dog; look for a fight. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
2- To fight back is a natural defence mechanism, so when we are feeling threatened in our everyday lives, we will often dream of taking that situation one stage further and fighting it out.
3- Quite literally a spiritual conflict.
The dreamer should try to work out where, and why, there is a conflict and perhaps deal with it in a more subtle way than with ‘all guns blazing’.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If a man dreams of seeing his lady love fighting with another woman, it is a sign that she will prove a competent housewife.... The Complete Dream Book
To throw a punch in a dream is to recognize our own distress or aggression.
To be punched is often to have invited such aggression.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
Standing on the sidelines and watching other people fight indicates that the troubles of others may spill over into your life.
A dream of war indicates an inner battle.
The dreamer needs to look within and see what it is that’s keeping them from getting anywhere. Other symbols in the dream might help.... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
For a business person, it signifies a change of enterprise; for an employed person, a change of job, etc.
The degree of success or failure you may expect from the change was forecast in the outcome of your dreamed fight.
If your dream concerned others fighting, it is a warning against waste of time and money in idle pleasure.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
This dream could represent your most intimate frustrations and feelings about the circumstances around you. Deep down, you fight because the situation you are living does not meet your expectations.
According to the guru Sathya Sai Baba, the inner struggle does not exist: everything is provoked by the mark left by the past on our lives. Reminiscence for yesterday creates apparent problems in the present and future.
It is a matter of letting love flow and worrying less. So, the fight that your heart carries out will diminish. Often, this guru says, it is all the product of an illusion.
Filming If the dream unfolds like a film that stars yourself, different conclusions may be drawn according to its genre: if it is drama, an unfortunate matter will depress you; if it is a comedy, however, you will experience pleasant surprises. To direct a film involves excessive zeal to control everything that goes on around you.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
As with all dream symbols, the tone and setting of the dream indicate which meaning is applicable.... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
(2) The conflict may be within you, between opposed forces in the psyche. An obvious candidate is a clash between what you want to do and what you feel you ought to do. In this case, bear in mind that conscience is usually socially constructed and consists of the prohibitions and ideals that were imprinted in your psyche in your early years. Conflict between society’s moral demands and the individual’s wants or natural needs is probably at least as old as human history, and perhaps there is no complete solution: some degree of compromise may be inevitable. Do not assume, however, that social norms are always right. It may be that your conscience (super-ego) is an unreasonably severe one, perhaps the product of severe restraints in early childhood or a repressive religious upbringing. In any case, the conflict needs to be sorted out, and quite often this means allowing natural drives a little more expression.
(3) The conflict may be between what we are in fact and what we are potentially. Jung sees conscience as the voice of an inner wisdom that will lead us to our true selfhood. vSeen in this way, conscience keeps conflict alive in the psyche, not only between social morals and inner wisdom, but also between the actual conscious ego and the fully developed and integrated self. It would seem that the only satisfactory way out of these conflicts is to accept your ‘destiny’ - by which I mean, not some fate over which you have no control, but Nature’s plan for you, reflected in your fundamental individual constitution and offering the greatest possible self-fulfilment if you will only go along with it.
(4) If the conflict symbolized is between conscious ego and unconscious, the aggressor in the dream fight will probably represent the part of you that is demanding release from the dungeons of the unconscious. It will not hurt you unless you deny it expression. Identify it, and then welcome it as a talent or energy that can contribute to your well-being. Change the conflict into a dialogue, a respectful exchange between your conscious mind and your unconscious.
NB Where there is an unresolved inner conflict, there is a tendency to project the unconscious protagonist on to other people, often with dire consequences in personal relationships.
(5) More specific inner conflicts are those between opposite psychic qualities or forces, such as masculinity and femininity, thinking and feeling. (On ‘superior5 and ‘inferior5 functions) See also Brother / Sister, section (4).... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
Vision: You are watching a fight: conciliatory words will defuse the tension between other people. Fighting on a battlefield: adversaries, enemies, hate, or envy make your life difficult, but you are able to defend yourself successfully. Witnessing a fight: don’t use the old saving: “living well is the best revenge” as a motto for your life, because: “those who laugh last laugh best!” See Beating.
Depth Psychology: Dreaming about fighting reflects the difficulties you have in balancing conflicting personality traits. Decide which you want to nurture and which you want to minimize—it will restore your peace!... Dreamers Dictionary
A fight breaks out among family members: a separation is to take place... Chine Dream Interpretation
If nothing is changing in your life, it may be a clue that a change is needed or that you want to change internally. Fighting with strangers usually represents an internal struggle. Fighting with familiar people may be an extension of daily life and a reflection on your relationship with them.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
The degree of change can be determined by how hard you fought, and if you won or lost the fight.
If you dream of others fighting it is telling you to be more careful with your financial dealings, and watch your spending.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
Conflict or clashes with social strictures, other’s ideals, or your own sense of right and wrong.
Jungian: Self-conflict between what we wish to be and what we truly are or how we perceive ourselves.
A battle raging between the conscious and subconscious, between thought versus emotion, masculine traits versus the feminine, etc.
Releasing anger and related emotions that otherwise get subdued, or for which we do not have an adequate avenue of expression.... The Language of Dreams
The degree of change can be determined by how hard you fought, and if you won or lost the fight.
If you dream of others fighting it is telling you to be more careful with your financial dealings, and watch your spending.... Encyclopedia of Dreams
If you are successful in your dream, then you will overcome your difficulties.... Mystic Dream Book
A bad dream for merchants, soldiers and sailors. ... Indian Interpretation of Dreams
If you saw others fighting in your dream, you are unwilling to admit your own problems and turmoil. You need to take more responsibility for solving your own problems in real life.... My Dream Interpretation
The dreamer must find an outlet.... Psycho Dream Interpretation
If the enemy is someone you know, perhaps you have unsuspected feelings of animosity towards them. A fight between a younger and an older person in your dream may suggest a rivalry between the dreamer and authority.
A fight between people of the same age may represent the struggle for recognition or sibling rivalry. Similar interpretations can be applied to any kind of struggle in your dream. Such fights usually depict a fight for freedom, independence or the truth. Your unconscious may also be urging you to work out why there is a conflict, and may be suggesting that there is a more subtle way of dealing with it than with fists. According to Freudians, the struggle depicts the battle between your father or mother for the attention of the other parent.... The Element Encyclopedia
When a woman dreams of a wounded firefighter, chances are that her partner will have a misfortune.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
(Also see Defeat)... Islamic Dream Interpretation