Dream Interpretation Legs | Dream Meanings
General Meaning: Your ability to sustain and strengthen yourself through your own will.
Positive: Before the days of airplanes and cars, your best bet was to find yourself a healthy horse or if you could not afford it, your legs just had to do! • Your legs speak of your ability to get yourself from one place to another. Your very will to push ahead. As humans we continually strive forward.
• This scripture could not said it any better: • Psalms 147:10 He delights not in the strength of the horse: he takes not pleasure in the legs of a man.
• When this ability is submitted to the Lord, we are able to run the race (Heb 12:1) that He has set before us. However when you leave the Lord out of it, you will find yourself becoming tripped up.
• If you dream of your legs being strengthened, it means that the Lord is going to strengthen your ability to get the job done! He has set a race before you and He intends for you to win it, but with His help!
Only those that have been through it understand the concept of a “leg- breaking” experience. In training the prophets, we try to familiarize them with it as soon as possible.
It is a process where the Lord continually tries to bring a certain area to death in you.
• The Leg-Breaking Experience • However as you continue to push through on your own and try to do things your own way, you end up like these two poor fellows: • John 19:32 Then the soldiers came, and broke the legs of the first, and of the other one who was crucified with him.
• You will note that Jesus legs were not broken. He knew when to yield and He gave up His spirit willingly.
If you dream that your legs are being broken, it means that the Lord is going to bring your will to complete death • The pressure will come from circumstances and the world, just as the Roman soldiers were the olds to break the legs of the thieves.
• Lame Legs • To be lame means that your will has been taken away from you. You have given up on life and you do not try to push forward any longer. This is quite negative and is a very good picture of someone who has fallen into depression.
• Proverbs 26:7 The legs of the lame are of no use: so [is] a parable in the mouth of fools.
• Jesus took time during His ministry to heal the lame and is still doing it today. No matter how weak you feel or how much has been taken from you, the Lord is here to restore you to full strength!
Ankle, Back, Feet.
A maiden who dreams of admiring her own legs will, through her vanity, fail to enlist the love of the man whom she admires most.
If she has much hair on her legs, she will be the leader in all family matters.
Beautiful legs on one of the opposite sex seen in a dream are a portent of a new acquaintance who will prove to be a valuable friend.
Legs represent movement. In another, more metaphysical plane, they are also related to the ability to recover from misfortune. Legs symbolize, equally, the support of the body, that is, of your life: plans, goals, projects, etc.
If in the dream you see yourself without your lower extremities, it is a sign that you have little confidence in your possibilities when it comes time to take on any venture. On the contrary, to see yourself with strong legs denotes confidence in yourself.
According to the traditional interpretation, if in the dream you have a wooden leg, it predicts new concerns. Fortunately, this dream is very uncommon.
If you dream of admiring well-shaped feminine legs, you will lose your judgment, and act very silly over some fair charmer.
To see misshapen legs, denotes unprofitable occupations and ill-tempered comrades.
A wounded leg, foretells losses and agonizing attacks of malaria.
To dream that you have a wooden leg, denotes that you will bemean yourself in a false way to your friends.
If ulcers are on your legs, it signifies a drain on your income to aid others.
To dream that you have three, or more, legs, indicates that more enterprises are planned in your imagination than will ever benefit you.
If you can’t use your legs, it portends poverty.
To have a leg amputated, you will lose valued friends, and the home influence will render life unbearable.
For a young woman to admire her own legs, denotes vanity, and she will be repulsed by the man she admires.
If she has hairy legs, she will dominate her husband.
If your own legs are clean and well shaped, it denotes a happy future and devoted friends.
To dream that you have bruised or injured your Leg foretells money difficulties, which will last for a short or a long period according to the seriousness of the mishap.
Legs in a dream symbolize your control over your life’s path and are strongly connected to your sense of self. Legs give a person the ability to stand, walk, run, play sports, or various other possible activities.
To dream that you have lost your legs or become crippled indicates that you are afraid of losing control over the direction of your life. You may be struggling with a lack of courage or the ability to stand up for yourself.
To dream of losing just one leg, or having one leg shorter than the other, indicates a lack of balance in your life. You may also be pursuing a path half heartedly, still carrying doubts about your choices. Standing up on two legs is often cited as a symbol of the difference between a human and an animal.
To dream that you cannot stand on your legs may also represent a feeling that you have lost a high position in life. You may have become controlled by animal desires, or you may feel that others are treating you with less respect than you deserve.
To dream that you have more than two legs represents divided interests. Each leg may try to pull you in opposite directions and you feel torn between possible actions. You may have taken on too many tasks at work and are struggling to keep up with conflicting responsibilities.
To dream of crossed legs symbolizes a barrier between you and others. This barrier may be emotional or intellectual, indicating closed mindedness.
The legs in dreams suggest support and stability, the ability to stand firm and also the capability of moving forward.
The calf represents speed and control.
One’s human and personal strengths and abilities; of no spiritual connotation
The legs primarily function for standing and walking. In this way, they are symbolically linked to all the ways in which you must stand up for yourself, take a stand on something, or stand up for the rights of others. In terms of the mobility function, legs are linked to how you are moving about in your life, your power and efficacy in how you are walking your talk. Consider what is happening with your legs or the legs of a person within your dream and apply the qualities being exhibited to these principal ideas.
A broken leg is an indication of something that is inhibiting your powerful movement through life that will eventually heal. Legs that are too weak to support you indicate a moment when you are unable to give yourself the foundation you need.
To have one’s legs knocked out from under one’ means loss of confidence and urge to carry on with life. Although we may depend upon someone like a partner or parent for support, or work or position for self value, ultimately the legs represent our own emotional or conceptual support system. So we may be considering what sense we have of our own value when trying to understand leg(s) in our dream. See left; right; lame. Feet: foundation; to have ‘one’s feet on the ground’; to be well or badly grounded’; fundamental issue in our life. Idioms: put one’s foot in it; feet of clay; let the grass grow under your feet.
See legs under body.
(see also Foot / Feet, sections (l)-(4))
(1) Having strong legs may symbolize being strongly supported, confident.
(2) Weak, unsteady legs may suggest a lack of grounding or firm foundation, a lack of centredness.
(3) For the symbolism of direction of movement, see Left, Right / Left.