Dream Interpretation Honey | Dream Meanings
Sweet experiences and good health are in your subconscious and most likely in your life.
General Meaning: Honey speaks of the sweetness of the Lord, richness, abundance, prosperity and luxury.
• The Lord spoke many promises of giving honey. It was considered a food of luxury and wealth.
If you were wealthy in those days, you ate honey! It was a delicacy and something to be sought after.
• Positive: I have often seen honey in the spirit. I remember one time the Lord saying to me, “Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.” • Then as I did it, I saw Him fill it with this rich, thick honey that poured into my throat.
• As I drank it in, He told me that I was to consume His word this way; that He was going to fill me with his anointing and with his goodness.
• The Lord’s nature and presence is often likened to honey.
It is a picture of His sweetness and beauty. Honey has some wonderful meanings if you take a look in the Word.
• Honey is also a picture of knowledge and wisdom (Prov 24:14) • Speaking of Blessing and Prosperity • Numbers 13:27 And they told him, and said, We came to the land where you sent us, and surely it flows with milk and honey; and this [is] the fruit of it.
• Speaking of the Lord’s Nature • Song of Solomon 4:11 Your lips, O [my] bride, drop [as] the honeycomb: honey and milk [are] under your tongue; and the fragrance of your garments [is] like the smell of Lebanon.
Negative: In the book of revelation a prophet was made to eat a scroll that tasted of honey but was bitter in the stomach.
(Rev 10:10) • The Lord told me once that this represented the world; that those who sought after the world and did not know Him chased after everything they thought was fun and exciting.
• They sought things that tasted sweet in the mouth (satisfied the flesh). While they were tasting of the world and going to all the clubs, bars and places of sin, they tasted honey in their mouths.
• Every time they sinned, it tasted good to them for that moment. But when they went home, then that same honey was bitter in their hearts.
• The sin and the offer of the world tasted like honey for but a moment, but left behind a bitterness, emptiness and void deep within.
• This is why they kept looking for that taste of honey. They tasted the false, but we have the real honey to give them that never runs dry or makes you bitter.
It is Jesus Christ, whose touch is rich and sweet!
(see Bees, Bread, Eating)
Fertility and productivity. In Egypt, honey was offered to Min, the goddess of productivity and abundance, to help people conceive children. Note, however, that fertility can apply to any project in which you’re currently engaged.
Youthful outlooks and energy. Tlie ancient Greeks ate honey believing it would extend life.
Creative inspiration. In Rome, this was an emblem of poetry and eloquence, especially with words.
For a writer or speaker, this is an excellent omen.
Honey also has strong associations with the sun, having mythologically been formed by the tears of the Egyptian sun god Ra, and therefore represents strength and authority.
Love, romance, and commitment.
The term honeymoon comes from the Teutonic tradition of celebrating marriage with a month of mead drinking; mead is a wine made with a base of honey.
A dream of prosperity (Artemidorus). “A land flowing with milk and honey,” was the promised land of the Hebrews.
Sweetness in life; abundance. See Gold.
Most ancient as well as modem sources agree that this is an unusually favorable dream predicting domestic, social, and temporal sweetness which is manifestly as lucky as anyone can get
Ealing honey is a prediction of the early realization of the joys of married life; or for married people a straightening out of difficulties with their inlaws.
It can represent two things: first, sweetness, well-being, wealth, and happiness; secondly, honey is also the product of a complex process of production that bees follow in order to make it. Its meaning, therefore, is associated with personal growth, with effort in work. Finally, in the Far East, lies are called “poisoned honey.”
Honey is the food of the gods. This dream may indicate your desire to possess divine consciousness.
Sweet experiences and good health are in your subconscious and most likely in your life.
To dream that you see honey, you will be possessed of considerable wealth.
To see strained honey, denotes wealth and ease, but there will be an undercurrent in your life of unlawful gratification of material desires.
To dream of eating honey, foretells that you will attain wealth and love.
To lovers, this indicates a swift rush into marital joys.
1- Honey almost inevitably represents pleasure and sweetness.
To dream of honey and particularly eating it can be to recognise that we are needing to give ourselves pleasure. Equally, it can indicate the essence of our feelings, that we have been through some kind of joyful experience which can now be assimilated as part of ourselves.
2- Honey is supposed to impart fertility and virility.
To be dreaming of honey would indicate that we are perhaps entering a much more actively sexual or fertile time.
3- Immortality and rebirth are two symbols which belong to honey. As a healing substance it has the power to regenerate.
Dreams of honey signify sweetness, pleasure, flattery, healing and the nectar of life. You are connecting with the essence and substance of your soul. See Bee and Gold.
1. Purity and pleasure.
2. Great success in endeavors and industry, especially with the help of others.
3. Repressed need for better communication, assertiveness in expressing needs.
If you eat Honey, it is a good sign. As the Bees are industrious, so must you be, and then you will thrive.
Dreaming of honey means you need to learn to be more honest with your friends. It also suggests a sensitive, emotional nature.
An ancient symbol for rebirth. Wealth, food, and, from antiquity to modern times, it has had a special sexual implication.
(Mick Jagger’s “I Am a Honey Bee,” for example. Honey stands for the term “loved one.”) This symbol represents, in addition to sensuality, pleasure, luxury, well-being, and a general feeling of satisfaction. But it may also point to much work (“busy as a bee,” needed to collect honey). It may also be a sign of wellness, particularly in connection with milk, as in paradise, the land of milk and honey.
(Love) In a dream, honey represents lawful money, love, prosperity, or wealth which is accumulated from a business partnership, or from a successful business. As for a pious person, honey in a dream represents the delight of his religious life and good deeds, while for profane and worldly people, it means little earnings which are acquired through toiling and hardships. Ifone sees the skies raining honey in a dream, it means confirmation of the social order, fostering proper moral standards, easiness, religious assiduity, blessings and plenitude. Honey in a dream also could represent a husband and a wife, or their private moment, taking a rest, or engaging in a marital relationship. However, honey in a dream also means distress, trouble, bad-temper,jealousy, or worrying about people’s perfidy, for honey also attracts flies and wasps. Purified honey in a dream means relief after suffering from a depression, or recovering from a nervous breakdown, or giving birth to a child after completing a full pregnancy, or it could mean marrying a woman after she had observed her Iddah of either the passing of her husband or divorce (See Iddah), or it could represent clean money, or earnings which are purified through paying the due alms and charities, or it could mean knowledge that is free from innovation, doubt or suspicion, or a final guidance after which there is no heedlessness. Purified honey in a dream also means hard earned money, a medicine, or the embrace and kisses of lovers. Licking honey in a dream means getting married. Eating bread and butter with honey in a dream means living a rich life.
(Also see Lick; Love)
Honey symbolises pure and lawful wealth and cure from sicknesses.
It presents a person’s accumulated wealth. At times it is wealth that he hs inherited or will inherit. It also symbolises Islamic and Qur’aanic knowledge.
Any sweetmeats made of honey or sugar symbolises a person’s wealth and halaal rizq.
See Eating / Drinking.
Vision: Looking at honeycombs means good fortune in business matters. Eating honey means a lack of self-knowledge, the reason for your emotional complications, but recover)’ is in sight. See Bee.
Depth Psychology: Honey in a dream promises “sweet rewards” for emotional work you did.
The rewards are the direct result of the profound self-knowledge you have been able to achieve. Honey is also a symbol of serenity (which in itself is a symbol of emotional healing)!
The sweet taste of honey is like the sweet taste of success.
As a symbol, honey also means too much sweetness (“dripping like honey”).
A dreamer who experiences this symbol might need to be less vulnerable and more honest in communicating with others.
Honey often indicates a sweet and pleasant nature.
To dream of honey suggests honesty in communication. It also reflects your delight and joy.
Sweet, nourishing words and deeds which draw the approval of others
Symbolic of the law, teachings, testimony, and judgments of the Lord, Ps. 19:7-10
The essence of one’s experience; pleasure; sweetness.
(1) Honey may symbolize sweetness, nutrition - that is, something within you offering you happiness or personal growth.
(2) It may symbolize the power of life or the force of nature within you. (In mythology, honey - like milk or the Hindu soma - is the life- giving fluid in all things: sap in trees, milk in mothers’ breasts, blood, etc.)
(3) Mythologically, honey is the food of gods. Eating it in a dream may therefore mean participating in divine consciousness - which in psychological terms means that total awareness that results from assimilating the unconscious; the total psyche’s (or seifs) awareness. (For Jung on ‘the SelP)