(Cradle; House; Prison) In a dream, a cage represents a prison, a cradle or a house. Entering one’s head into a cage while walking in the markets in a dream means selling one’s house. Acage in a dream also signifies complications. Seeing a cage inside a courthouse in a dream means marriage.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
This dream symbol suggests that you may be experiencing inhibition and powerlessness in some areas of your life. Additionally, you may be feeling restricted and have concerns about your personal freedom.
(Who holds the key to the cage in your dream?) Consider all of the details in the dream and look for its possible source (i.e. family life, relationships, thoughts and/or feelings, or work life).... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
Without birds a dream of a cage denotes trouble; with birds, contentment, happiness; with the door open and the bird flown, the dream signifies desertion by the lover or husband; to see a bird escape augurs an elopement (Artemi- dorus); the symbolism patent.... The Fabric of Dream
A symbol for narrowness and being deprived of freedom, as in Elevator, Village. Restrictions, however, are felt more strongly, similar to Sewer, Amber, Trap. On the other hand, this dream symbol can have positive meanings, particularly when the cage is seen from the outside. Then it usually is a symbol of protection and taming (of wild urges). In addition, the cage can also seem like fencing, because fences create protection, giving you the peace you are seeking.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
Vision: Dreaming about a cage: be prepared for an unpleasant situation. Being in a cage: you feel imprisoned (by your surroundings. job, or marriage) and would like to “break out.”* A bird in a cage: a situation, unfavorable at the outset, is going to take a turn for the better.
Depth Psychology: A cage always stands for the limitations imposed on you by your upbringing, your surroundings, or by the compromises you have made.
The rules you have established are too rigid. Try to break out of these restrictions.
The cage is limiting your personal growth! Did you put yourself in the cage? Did someone else “lock you up”? See Prison.... Dreamers Dictionary
Dreams of a cage symbolize that you are feeling trapped, smothered, stuck, powerless and/or victimized. Perhaps you have a desire to break out, leave, fight or flee the situation you are in.
For a more precise understanding of this dream, identify who is jailed, who is the jailer, and the location of the key.
If you put a wild animal into a cage, this either represents that you are gaining mastery over your animal instincts or that you are suppressing them. Consider the feeling tone of this dream.... Strangest Dream Explanations
interpreted upon 3 sides: confinement, bottleneck / strait, house of drowsiness And if there was a bird in the cage, then it indicates badness to him of the indicated state of that bird.... Islamic Dream - Cafer-i Sadik
A place of restriction and oppression. Dreams • In interpreting a cage in an internal dream, I would not see a positive connotation to it unless your enemies were in that cage! In dreaming that you are in a cage or being held captive, it would represent your lack of freedom.
• This would indicate that you are bound either by your circumstance, by your past or by some form of oppression.
The enemy keeps you in bondage while the Lord gives freedom.
• The mind can often be a cage in that it restricts you. Your analytical mind could be stopping your progress.
A cage also represents fear, which could indicate being bound by a fear of the past that has been exposed again in your life.
• In personal experience I have seen people in cages and the Lord has told me that they have put themselves in the cage. One such case was a woman who had a fear of opening herself up to the Lord. I saw her in a cage and the Lord being able to only pass small objects through it to her.
The interpretation was that because she had closed off her heart to the Lord out of fear, He could only give her small blessings because of her restriction.
• Visions • I could not find a positive connotation for a cage in Scripture either.
A cage in an external dream or vision speaks of the deceit and devices of the enemy.
It is a warning of a trap that has been set, or it is a word of knowledge that the person you are ministering to is in bondage.
• Jeremiah 5:26 For among my people are found wicked [men]: they lay wait, as he that sets snares; they set a trap, they catch men.
• 27 As a cage is full of birds, so [are] their houses full of deceit: therefore they are become great, and become rich.
• It is a place of evil and a place where the enemy and his evil works abound Revelation 18:2 ...and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
See also: Bars, Prison.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
YVhat is in the cage - whether person or animal or bird - almost certainly represents yourself or some part of yourself.
(1) The cage may symbolize the (felt) restrictions of your present life situation. But the restrictions may be self-imposed, albeit by means of unconscious processes - for example, internal prohibitions arising out of irrational guilt-feelings.
(2) Some part of you may be crying out for liberation. (For repression and suppression) Wild and dangerous animals are kept in cages.
It is likely, therefore, that what is caged in your dream is a part of you that frightens or disgusts you by its animality. Refusal to accept that you belong to the animal kingdom may result in your living in your head entirely, with the body - primitive energies and drives - locked out of consciousness. But a disembodied head, cut off from Nature’s vital energy and Nature’s wisdom, can only lead to trouble. Particularly in the West, where for two centuries even religion has rejected Nature (the feminine side of God), we desperately need to get closer to Nature, not remove ourselves even further from it.
(3) On the other hand, a bird in a cage may represent frustrated spiritual aspirations. Perhaps you are spending too much time and energy in work that brings you only money. Any contradiction between
(2) and (3) is only apparent. You can’t climb - even to spiritual heights - without your body, without the primal energy and wisdom of your unconscious. To attain the ‘higher’, first go ‘deeper’. The liberation - uncaging - of our deeper psychic contents so that they become pan of our conscious equipment will enable us to transcend the limitations of our past and present.
Self-created prison; fear of being trapped by your own limitations. Fear of self-expression. Cage door is never locked; you are free to leave through the doorway to freedom, your own awareness.... The Dream Books Symbols
The cage has different meanings depending on what it inside of it. So, if it contains a bird, this dream predicts friendship and love, and shows you know how to enjoy life. On the other hand, if the cage is empty, the image expressed a clear feeling of disillusion and disappointment.
If you see yourself caged, it is a sign that the unconscious wants to express its complaints, since you are subjected to heavy repression by the conscious. You have become a very strict judge of yourself and limit your acts and thoughts too much, which prevents you from expressing yourself freely. However, if wild beasts are caged, you have to interpret this dream as the retention of inner conflicts that torment you, in which case this oneiric image has some similarity to the previous (in which you are locked in a cage).
If you are put in a cage with wild animals, the dream is warning you that you are in danger of an accident.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
A cage is designed to keep something captive while still allowing an illusion of open space. You may be feeling confined in some way in your life. Who or what was in the cage will feature largely in how you interpret a dream that has a cage in it.
If it is you in the cage, then look to ways in which you have limited yourself.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
Dreaming of a cage most often represents some form of trap or prison. However, if the dream incorporates the dreamer ensnaring a wild animal, implies that we are locking up our primal instincts; that we need restraining.
Also this on Dream...
A cage can also represent a sense of entrapment in ourselves, in particular, with rigid beliefs about religion.... Dream Meanings and Dream Interpretation
If the dreamer is in the cage: frustration arising from a sense of social pressure restraining expression, or from one’s moral restraints imprisoning one; feeling caged by lack of opponunity or lack of developed abilities.
The cell often depicts how we imprison ourself within our own anger, resentment or depressed feelings; or we may be trapped by childhood trauma. Something or somebody else caged: desire to restrain whatever is represented by the thing, person, that is caged. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
This can indicate restraint or entrapment or feeling stuck in a job, lifestyle or relationship. Is your freedom somehow restricted in waking life? Are your inhibitions stopping you expressing your personality? Is your job humdrum? Is your partner possessive? If you opened the door in your dream and let the bird out to fly away with joy in your heart, this is almost certainly a message from your unconscious to take steps in waking life to release yourself from restrictions and or inhibitions.
If the bird wouldn’t or couldn’t fly away, are you putting limitations on yourself? If the bird’s wings were clipped, is someone deliberately holding you back? Freeing a bird from its cage relates to expressing your emotions.
If the bird in the cage is a pet bird, this often suggests happy memories. See also PETS.... The Element Encyclopedia
To see wild animals caged suggests that you are in control of your instincts.
If you are in the cage with them, it could suggest a need to break free from constraints.
If you dream of an animal tangled in barbed wire or in a trap, this could suggest an unhappy relationship with yourself or someone else.
If the animal seems calm, it suggests inner strength during adversity but if the animal panics, unhappy memories or unhealthy habits are limiting your potential for development and growth.... The Element Encyclopedia
(1) Symbolically, the colour gold has connections with the sun and may represent new life, self-renewal; some new development in your psyche. See also Sun.
(2) Gold, as something valuable, may symbolize either your true self, as distinct from your conscious ego, or some faculty in your psyche which, if accepted and activated, could bring you closer to your real self.
(3) Gold fruit (like the golden fleece) features in mythology as a hero’s prize for overcoming monsters or other evils. This symbolizes the rewards of facing up to the contents of the unconscious, taming those that - through neglect - have become wild or aggressive, and integrating them into your conscious life.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If your dream featured it growing, you are being cautioned against interfering in the personal affairs of others; however, if you picked it or it was indoors in a vase or floral arrangement, it predicts a new influential friend.
See also Colors, Flowers, Fo~ liage, etc.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
Jason’s voyage to find the Golden Fleece can be interpreted by Jungians in the following way. Jason, the archetypal hero, must slay the dragon guarding the fleece; the dragon represents those dark impulses of his that he has to overcome if he is to attain the spiritual purity symbolized by the fleece. Unfortunately, Jason only defeats the dragon with a magic sleeping potion, leaving his dormant impulses undefeated.... The Element Encyclopedia
Playing characters who are often taken over by the shadow of addiction, the appearance of Nicolas Cage may remark on depression, addictions, or defeatist attitudes. Despite his fumbling and failures, he maintains a sense of humor. He may point to the humorous events in your life that you interpret as tragic.... Ariadne's Book of Dream