A potent masculine nature evidencing itself. Stubbornness (e.g., being “bull headed”).
The Sumerians believed that the stomping hooves of a bull could bring nourishing rain to the land. Minoans also used bulls as a fertility emblem.
Inventive inception. Zoroastrian priests (the Magi) taught that a slain bull’s soul became the germ of creation.
Leadership skills, or their development. In Egypt, the kings and Pharaohs were often called bulls. Among the ancient Israelites, Yahweh was called the Bull of Israel.
Buddhist: The ego and mortal self.
Taming a bull: Bringing your anger or masculine side under control, or taking control of a situation (e.g., “seize the bull by the horns”).
A situation that was handled clumsily (e.g., a “hull in a china shop”).
Sacrifice of one valued thing in the hopes of obtaining another. Bulls were regularly used as offerings to the gods, like El in Phoenicia, Attis and Mithras in Rome, and the Oak god of the Druids (see Altar, Carcass).... The Language of Dreams
Talmudic: An emblem of increased fecundity. Among Hebrew men, it was customary to eat garlic before intercourse to ensure fertility.
Protection: Garlic was used regularly in spells and charms for safety, especially against spirits and evil creatures like vampires. You may want to consider this dream more metaphorically, like safeguarding yourself against the spirit of the vine, or people who “suck” your energy dry.
Vows, commitments, and promises.
The ancient Egyptians swore oaths on garlic, rather like we swear on the Bible.
Strength during trying times. Ancient Egyptians, Israelites, and Romans ate garlic for this purpose, especially before battle.
The pungent flavor and smell of garlic makes it an alternative fire symbol.
Passing through a field of garlic portends increased prominence and a better financial outlook.
Eating garlic represents having sensible views of life, and well-rounded ideals.
Being able to endure a time of difficulty and still land on your feet. Seamen and mountaineers alike carry fresh garlic to protect them against wreckage and foul weather, respectively.... The Language of Dreams
Manifestation; an alternative type at one numerologically. Cabalistic: Alterations in your spiritual goals or path.
Divine or mundane law. In the Old Testament, Moses received 10 commandments that were to be obeved bv the Israelites (see Stones).
The muse: David, the great hard of the Old Testament, had a harp with 10 strings (see Music).... The Language of Dreams
The cougar can come to the dreamer as a call to become a spiritual teacher. Its power delivers higher truth through various forms of communication such as writing, channeling, public speaking, and media.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
• • Negative words spoken against you.
• • Things that are an annoyance.
• • Things that bring fear.
• • A spirit of destruction (as in the ointment that was spoiled).
• • The presence of Satan himself, displayed as the Lord of the Flies.
It is important to remember that insects can mean different things to different people. Apply the principles in the Way of Dreams and Visions book for all internal dreams, and ask yourself this question: • What does this insect mean to ME (or to the person who had the dream)? • It is very seldom that insects would be positive. However you might dream that you are crushing insects. Or perhaps you are overcoming them in a dream, where you are the main character.
• This would be positive! It would mean that you are overcoming something negative in your life.
• A lady bug is an insect that pollinates fruit and is a good picture of something that is being used of God to assist you in bringing fruitfulness in your life.
• I shared an illustration in the Dreams and Visions book of a lady who had a fear of spiders. She had a dream where she was crushing them. Spiders represented fear in her dreams. By dreaming that she was crushing them, it spoke of how she was overcoming fear in her life! • So ask yourself, “How do I feel about this insect in real life? Does it bring fear? It is just an annoyance? It is a pet? Does it provide a benefit? (like a bee that provides honey).” • You decide and apply it then to your internal dream. Negative: Once again, what does the insect mean to you? If you dream of having insects swarming you, this is not likely a good dream! • It could speak of things annoying you that are overpowering you in real life. It might speak of fears that are assailing you, or problems that are getting too much.
• I grew up having some horrible experiences with cockroaches.
To this day they give me the creeps even more than spiders! Although they clearly speak of the work of the enemy in visions, in my case dreaming of a cockroach would likely speak of my inner fears or things that I would rather avoid.
• Do you see how important it is to identify the symbols in an internal dream?
There are some positive references to insects in Scripture.
For example locusts were something that the Israelites were allowed to eat.
(Leviticus 11:22) • There is another passage that speaks of how Samson was given honey from some bees that had made their home in the carcass of a lion.
(Judges 14:8) • Then again let us not forget the plague: • Exodus 10:14 And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grievous [were they]; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.
• So my conclusion is this: If your vision or prophetic dream has a positive connotation, then the insects would speak of something that provides sustenance.
• It speaks of spiritual food, or the Lord providing for your basic needs.
• However, the Lord also sent a plague of insects on Egypt to deliver His people. So in this case, seeing a plague of insects in a positive light could speak of the Lord sending judgment on the system of the world to bring blessing to His people.
Negative: In general insects are unclean in scripture and speak of the work of the enemy I often see insects in the spirit when praying for healing. When I see them I know that I am dealing with a spirit of infirmity.
• David spoke about a swarm of bees that stung like thorns.
• Then the enemy of the Israelites was referred to as a swarm of bees.
(Deut 1:44) • Flies • Flies specifically always have a negative connotation. They are often tied in with Satan himself, being known as the Beelzebub, Lord of the flies.
• On a personal note, in the spirit when I have seen Beelzebub, the Lord of the Flies, the vision has often represented things that relate to the New Age cult.
• When I have given personal ministry and seen this demon, after questioning the person it turns out they had some New Age involvement.
• I do not encourage you to get ‘hung up’ on demons, but if you do come across this in personal ministry, you know what it is and how to deal with it.
• Remember, the enemy CANNOT attack you, unless he has been given license through sin.
The book the Way of Blessing is a powerful resource to understanding this better.
• Leviticus 11:43 You will not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creeps, neither will you make yourselves unclean with them, that you should be defiled by it.
• These are loathsome creatures that scurry in the dark and feed in dirt.
If you • see cockroaches in the spirit then you know that the enemy has gained license to your life. Because of their nature they are a good representation of small sins that have crept into your life.
• The good news is, that just as they are easy to squash in the natural, so can you easily take authority over any work of the enemy in the spirit.
See also: Ant, Beelzebub, Bees, Caterpillar, Fleas, Flies, Locusts.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
• The most famous olive grove mentioned in the Word is Gethsemane, which translated means ‘oil press’. Before an olive tree died, new branches sprouted from its roots.
• Visions Positive Olive Oil • Oil has always been a lovely picture of the anointing. It also speaks of the healing anointing, as olive oil was often used as a source of medication.
• Olive Crushed • Apostle Les speaks in The Prophetic Training book about how the prophet goes through a time of testing during his training. He relates it to being ‘squeezed’.
• His question is, “When you get squeezed, what comes out of you?” • The olive oil being squeezed and letting out its oil is a lovely image of this. It means that when pressures come on you to change, what comes out is the anointing.
• It is also an indication that the Lord is about to put pressure on you, or perhaps even take you through a phase of ministry training.
• Olive Tree • The Lord promised the Israelites their own olive trees as a blessing.
It is a picture of abundance and the blessing of the Lord.
• The olive tree is also a good picture of a reproducing asset.
It is not a blessing that comes once, but one that keeps producing further blessing.
• Psalms 128:3 Your wife [will be] as a fruitful vine by the sides of your house: your children like olive plants around about your table.
Negative: Branch Being Severed • Apostle Paul shares how those who refused to accept Christ were cut off from the olive tree, and a new branch was grafted in (speaking of the Church).
• Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.
• Often in the spirit we have seen the Lord cut a branch off a tree and graft a new one in its place. This has referred to the Lord removing a person from our lives or ministry and putting in someone new.
• In a situation where a marriage has ended and you see this, it is an indication that the old marriage partner is being removed and that the Lord will bring a new one, so that they can become one.
• To see an olive tree bearing fruit other than olives is a picture of things not being what they seem. While the person pretends to be one thing, on the inside they are something completely different.
• James 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brothers, bear olive berries? Or a vine, figs? So no fountain [can] yield both salt water and fresh.
See also: Branch, Tree.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
If you burned yourself, have you got too close to the flames emotionally? Dreams in which you are burned alive or someone else is torched suggest the need for some kind of drastic change in your life. Rashes, sores and eczema are all unpleasant ailments that are not serious but uncomfortable as well as embarrassing. So if these conditions appear in a dream, what are you feeling ’sore,’ uncomfortable or embarrassed about? Although it may seem a big deal to you, your dream is telling you that you have no need to feel anxious as the situation is not as serious as you might think. The skin is a symbol of how you present yourself in public, so rashes are recognized as one of the most clearly psychosomatic disorders. In dreams, therefore, a skin rash can express lack of confidence in your ability to face the world. A dream bruise may reflect some emotional hurt or emerging health problem, whilst scars can carry their figurative sense of hurtful memories and suggest an awareness that emotional healing takes time.
For Jewish or Christian dreamers, boils may express feelings of guilt for how they have behaved towards someone in their waking life; this is because in the Bible, boils were the sixth of the ten plagues visited by God on the Egyptians to force Pharaoh to free the Israelites. Rough skin suggests a rough exterior, whilst burnt skin might indicate hurt in a relationship with the outside world or people.
If you are shedding skin like a snake, you are changing your way of life and leaving old attitudes behind. Spots and blemishes represent your sense of not being good enough in some way, and a feeling that other people see you as unattractive or see failings in you; they can also indicate shyness and the difficulties you experience being in the company of others.... The Element Encyclopedia