2. Expression of extreme anger (breathing ﬁre).
3. Good fortune, great riches.
4. An extremely annoying, destructive individual.
5. Symbol of evil. ... New American Dream Dictionary
The more heads a dragon has in a dream, the greater is his danger.
If a sick person sees a dragon in his dream, it means his death.
If a pregnant woman sees herself delivering a dragon in a dream, it means that she will give birth to a child who will be chronically ill. Giving birth to a dragon in a dream also represents a child who will be a great speaker or who will be known by two different names, or that he might become a fortuneteller, a monk, an evil person, a bandit or an insolent person who will be killed later.
A dragon in a dream also connotes the stretch of time.
If one sees a dragon coming his way without causing fear, and if the dragon talks to him with clear expressions, or if the dragon gives him something, it mean glad tidings or good news.
If a giant dragon is transformed into a man or a woman in a dream, it represents an army of male or femalejinn (see alphabetically), and a marching army offemalejinns in a dream means an enemy who conceals his true purpose or-identity. Such an enemy has many heads and ways in the arts of ugly actions and evil thinking. Each head from one to seven represents an adversity of a different magnitude or an art of evildoing. Ifthe dragon in one’s dream has seven heads, it represents an enemy that cannot be equalled and whose evil designs cannot be paralleled. Ifone sees himselfowning and controlling a dragon in a dream, it means taking advantage of a person who is mentally ill.
(Also see Jinn)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The Celts use the word dragon to signify a chief, a dictator in time of danger, and probably the dream interpretation is de” ... The Fabric of Dream
The overcoming of it means facing one’s fears of the vast power of such natural drives, and finding satisfying expression. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
The dragon might be threatening and combative (Blake related it to mental battles). Often, as in depictions of St. Michael or St. George and the Dragon, a symbol of desire that needs to be resisted in favor of intellectual development. Pointing to one’s own “poisonous” and destructive side. Are you hoarding too much? What do you want to own?
According to dream interpreter Artemidorus, wealth and treasure.
The dragon is also a Chinese symbol for luck.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
There is a heroic part in each of us which must face dangerous conflict in order to overcome the lower side of our natures and reach our inner resources.
Dreaming of a dragon allows us that conflict.
The dragon is traditionally the Guardian of Power. In conquering the dragon, spiritually we become custodians of our own future.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If you slay a dragon, you achieve great success.... Gypsy Dream Dictionary
The guardian of great power, magic, and wisdom.
If you can befriend this aspect of yourself, many new talents and abilities will open to you.
Among Taoists, the dragon represents eternal change, and the part of the path that we cannot as yet see. Consequently, you must perfect the spirit and trust that your road is sure.
In China, the highest spiritual Yang (masculine) power attainable. On Earth, this was embodied by the power of the Chinese emperor.
Slaying a dragon: Overcoming negative traits. Alternatively, cutting off the feminine aspects of self (see Sivord).
Fever breathing dragon: An overbearing person with strong words.
Procreative power of nature. In Assyrian and Babylonian mythology, Tiamat was a half- dragon, half-human (to show higher and lower self) Goddess who gave birth to all things.
Archetypal: The primordial consciousness and psychic transformation.
The ongoing struggle of light versus darkness, and good versus evil, that is always with us. Here you become the hero who preserves your vision of virtue.... The Language of Dreams
The dragon can come to represent the power of creativity as well as sexuality. It can signify alchemy and magic.
A dragon may also represent someone who has fire breath or who uses his anger to get his way.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
If a man dreams he is confronted by a dragon: he is unconsciously afraid of being devoured by a woman (spiritually and emotionally). Defeating the dragon means he wants to dominate women.
Depth Psychology: The dragon represents a person with cold-blooded power who will do anything in order to be successful. Killing a dragon: let go of shrewd and heardess attitudes. Or is there a “dragon” in your house that gives you griefr... Dreamers Dictionary
The dragon can also represent your biggest challenge and to recognize the wisdom you will learn and earn as you deal with it will make you a hero/shero.... Strangest Dream Explanations
The original of all dragons was a version of the serpent tiamat goddess of chaos and darkness. In conquering the dragon, spiritually we become custodians of our own future.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
Dreaming of a dragon allows us that conflict.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If the dream was dark and ominous, the dragon probably symbolizes the “beast in you,” which could mean that your own weaknesses could well get the best of you. But if the dream was happy and optimistic, something wonderful is going to happen.... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
Because Dragons are mythological in nature, if you keep dreaming of dragons, it could mean that you have been getting into writings of this nature.
• Visions Negative: The devil is mentioned as a dragon in Scripture, so if you see a vision of a dragon, this speaks of high level demonic attack.
• Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and Satan, who deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
• If you always have visions of dragons and other such folklore, then I would say that you have opened up your heart to teachings and fables that are not of the Lord.
• You have contaminated your spirit and given the enemy a hold of your life. See also: Alien, Alligator, Demons.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
And if you don’t now know such a big wheel, you soon will.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
and vour true self represents the fearsomeness of the unconscious for one who is still afraid of what may be lurking there, (For self)
(2) For Jung, the first stage of the individuation process is the conscious ego’s heroic struggle to lift itself out of the original all-encompassing unconsciousness and to establish its control of unconscious forces. This finds symbolic representation in the legendary dragon-slayer, St George (St George = the ego; the dragon = the unconscious).
(3) The dragon may represent the devouring aspect of (your relationship with) vour mother. ‘Slaving the dragon’ may therefore mean putting an end to whatever in your attachment to your mother is detrimental to the process of finding your own psychic individuality. Once the individual has achieved liberation from the ‘dragon’, the feminine side of the man’s psyche and the masculine side of the woman’s psyche will no longer appear in threatening form, but as an indispensable companion and guide in the further stages of self- discovery.
(In some male initiation rites in which boys are given adult status, the boys withdraw from the communin’ and live in huts shaped like a dragon or crocodile. This may be seen as a symbol of a young person’s victorious struggle with the devouring mother or all-encompassing unconsciousness: descending into the unconscious realm, acknow’- ledging its powers, and transforming any negative functioning of those pow ers into positive ones.)
(4) A dragon may represent the generative pow er of (Mother) Nature; the unconscious, felt as a wromb pregnant with new possibilities of life.
(5) A winged dragon may symbolize some kind of transcendence, some passing from a ‘lower to a ‘higher’ level of personal maturin’. The fact that it is a dragon that does the flying suggests that the energy for further personal development must be looked for in your unconscious, perhaps in something you have been hitherto afraid even to look at. A winged creature may symbolize spirituality. But a winged dragon is a symbolic reminder that spiritual heights mav not be attained bv abandoning our ‘low’er’ natum, but by letting it serve us as a vehicle. For example, sexuality can be bogged down in fantasizing lust and unedifying topdog / underdog games; it can also be something that releases and activates the power of love within us, a form of self- expression in which sensuous pleasure fuses with the joy of worship; indeed, it can be an experience of the mystical oneness of all things.
(6) A dragon may be a symbol of your sexuality, particularly if it - your sexuality - frightens you. Is your fear irrational; or docs sexuality threaten to rule your life? In either case, don’t kill the ‘dragon’; if necessary, tame it.
(In China ‘chi’ is good, life-giving energy and the channels it runs along are called ‘dragon-lines’, which are said to follow the flow of underground water and underground magnetic fields.)... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If you manage to defeat your oneiric dragon you should interpret this victory as evidence that you are sufficiently prepared to play any position involving responsibility. On the other hand, sometimes dragons guard the entrance of a cave containing a treasure. This refers to fears that must be overcome in order to meet with your true Self. The dragon also could be guarding your spirituality. According to Freud, this figure is the devouring aspect of the mother.
It is the resistance that prevents men from developing their natural feminine side.
In China, the dragon represents wisdom of mind and has an extraordinary power, in addition to superior spirituality. So, dreaming of dragons is highly promising.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
The dragon in your dream may represent the battles you fight in life that you cannot win or that do not need to be fought at all. By the same token, you may have to fight an inner battle and face the part of you that is in the way of you getting what you want in life. Is it possible that your inner dragon may be keeping you from receiving the love you deserve and the abundance you desire? There is also an implied theme of confrontation in battle when a dragon appears in your dreams. What are the battles in your current life? Are you fighting for something that you do not need or cannot use?... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
By contrast, Christianity brands the dragon as the embodiment of Satan, an evil creature who must be slain by the saintly hero; Jungian theory, meanwhile, suggests that the dragon may be a form taken by the terrible mother archetype who must be rendered powerless before freedom can be attained (we echo this personification in waking life when we call a fierce woman ‘a dragon’). So if you share the Chinese view of the dragon, your unconscious may have been trying to instill optimism by summoning it into your dream.
If you are influenced by the Western view of dragons, your mind may have been trying to alert you to a hostile person or presence in your life.
Dragons were also said to be guardians of treasure, so your unconscious could have highlighted a desire to undergo a dynamic process of inner renewal. The fire-breathing dragon in your dream may be a symbol of great inner strength and vision that the dreamer can draw upon to overcome doubt. It also may be urging you to come to terms with and confront your own passions and chaotic beliefs; the only way to do this may be through your dreams.... The Element Encyclopedia
If you see a dead dragonfly, then the news will be bad.
A dragonfly perched gracefully on some other object shows that you will soon be having guests that may be hard to get rid of.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
2- We may be pursuing a dream, but without anv real focus as to what we actually want out of life. Our reactions are instinctive rather than logical.
3- Though the dragonfly’s physical existence is short, it symbolises immortality and regeneration.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
If hovering near water, this represents the cooperation between your mental / conscious self and your emotional nature.
Dragonflies are very adaptable, but also territorial. Have you been hovering around your domain too much? Or perhaps you’ve been too flexible in a specific situation.
Dragonflies need warmth and sunlight. On the dream plane, this may represent a similar physical need that manifests as depression or restlessness. Alternatively, it may symbolize the need to be more aware of the conscious, masculine, solar self.
In Japan, these are emblems of happiness and good fortune.
Among Native Americans, the souls of the departed may reside in these creatures. As such, they may be messengers from other realms communicating through your dream (see Ghost).... The Language of Dreams
The dragonfly is the guide into the astral or spirit world.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
If you see a dead dragonfly, then the news will be bad.
A dragonfly perched gracefully on some other object shows that you will soon be having guests that may be hard to get rid of.... Encyclopedia of Dreams
If the dragonfly lands on your body, this is a lucky omen that you will hear some good news from a distant friend or relative.
To see a dead dragonfly signifies bad news.... My Dream Interpretation
The dragonfly spends an enormous amount of time in the larval stage, which represents the hibernation that must accompany great change. When the dragonfly emerges, it can fly with beautiful multicolored wings.
The larva is aquatic, so the transformation that it connects to happens at the level of the unconscious mind. When the dragonfly’s change is complete, the ability to fly and spread the translucent beauty of its wings represents messages of ascension that come directly from the depths of our soul. This is a powerful totem of change, transformation, and wisdom.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
2. Some aspect of life or situation may have elements of fantasy, illusion.
3. News comes from far away; a messenger. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If a molar tooth falls in a dream, it means loss of money or life. Molar teeth in a dream represent one’s relatives, or his friendliest relatives, or his own young children. Teeth of the upper jaw represent a male person and those of the lower jaw represent a female person. Whatever may affect them in a dream, will show in wakefulness.
For example, if one’s molar tooth falls in a dream, it means that the particular person it represents may die shortly, or it could mean being absolved of one’s debts, or perhaps repayment of one’s debts. Ifone suffers from a tooth ache in a dream, it represents ill words which are spoken against him by such family member, or that he feels hurt from the treatment he receives from such a family member.
(Also see Teeth; Tooth)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The closer the teeth are to the incisor, the closer is the relative. Divided in two sections, the upper right incisor represents the father, and the upper left incisor represents the paternal uncle, or it could represent one’s sisters, sons, or a close friend.
The upper canines represent one’s cousin. or two friends who are as close as cousins.
The bicuspids represent one’s uncles from the mother’s side and their children, while the molars represent the grandparents and the grand children.
The lower right incisor represents the mother, and the lower left incisor represents one’s aunt from his father’s side, or they could represent two sisters, two daughters, or two close friends who have the same compassion, concern and love.
The lower canines represent one’s female cousin from either the father or the mother’s side.
The lower canine tooth, or the eyetooth represents the sire of the house, or the landlord.
The upper and the lower molars also represent the furthest members of one’s family, including the grandmother and her grand daughters.
If a tooth moves in its place in the dream, it means an illness.
If it falls, or if it is lost, then it means death of the person to whom it is attributed, or it could possibly mean that he will be separated from him and can no longer see him.
If one saves his lost tooth and does not bury it in the dream, it means that someone will come forth and be to him as good as that relative. Otherwise, ifhe does bury it, then it means the death of his relative.
(2) ln a dream, the human limbs also represent the members of his family, and whatever condition they portray in one’s dream may become visible in the members of his family. Similarly, whatever may affect one’s teeth in a dream can be interpreted as affecting such family members.
If one’s incisors look beautiful and bright in the dream, they denote the power, honor and prosperity his father or uncle will gain.
If extra incisors grow in one’s mouth in a dream, it means that one’s family will grow by either a new born brother or a new son. Ifone finds his teeth slightly deteriorating in a dream, it means a trial, or that his family will engage in a disgraceful act that will bring him shame.
If one attempts to pull out his teeth in a dream, it means that he may spend his money unwillingly, pay a fine, or separate from his parents, thus cutting off his blood ties, or he may become untrue to his relatives.
If one’s teeth turn yellow or black in a dream, such a dream also represents a disgraceful act that will bring shame upon one’s family. Yellow teeth in a dream mean spending money to restore one’s reputation, or it could mean being knowledgeable in one’s own esteem. Developing bad mouth odor in a dream represents bad connotations resulting from praises one’s family may receive. Deteriorating teeth in a dream represent weakness in one’s family.
If one sees people biting him in a dream, it means that he could have pretended something in public, though he fortunately restrained himself.
(3) If one’s mouth in a dream is interpreted to represent his household, then the teeth of the right side represent the boys, and those on the left side represent the girls. On the other hand, the teeth on the right side could represent the older generation, and the teeth on the left side could represent the younger generation.
The incisors represent the young men in the family, and the canines represent the young girls. As to the molars, they represent elderly people.
If one loses a molar tooth in a dream, it means the death of an elderly person in his household.
(4) Human teeth in a dream also represent one’s business and management of his life. In that case, the molars represent one’s private life, the eyetooth represents what is semi-public, while the front incisors represent what is openly practiced, one’s public character, words and deeds. Ifone sees his teeth broken in a dream, it means that he pays his debts slowly. Long teeth in a dream mean enmity or a fight between members of one’s household.
If one sees his teeth curved and deteriorating, and if one decides that it is better to pull them out in a dream, it means that he will escape from great adversities and dangers.
If one’s teeth turn gold in a dream, they represent benefits for a teacher or a preacher. Otherwise, golden teeth for everyone else in a dream mean fire, illness, Candida, or an illness that is caused by one’s bile.
If one’s teeth become glass or wood in a dream, it means his death. Ifthey turn silver in the dream, it means harm or losses.
If one’s front teeth fall and new ones grow instead in the dream, they represent major changes in one’s life. Ifone sees himself forcefully pushing his tongue against his teeth in a dream, it means that he speaks ill of his own family, or it could mean problems in one’s house.
If the crown or the enamel of one’s eyetooth is damaged, or if it falls in a dream, it means the death of one’s son.
(6) Teeth in a dream represent one’s clan, close relatives, or distant cousins.
The molar teeth represent the male members and the incisors represent the female members. Unnecessarily pulling out one’s teeth in a dream means paying a fine, losing one’s capital, or severing relationship with members of one’s family. Discovering one or two cavities in one’s teeth in a dream means that one may beget one or two sons. Developing bad mouth odor in a dream means belittling someone’s ideas, or it could mean a family dispute. Fallen teeth in a dream may denote that the husband and the wife sleep in separate beds, or it may mean poverty, or that one may die in a foreign land, or that the term of one’s life span in this world may be extended.
(5) If one pulls out his teeth and buries them in the dream, it means that his entire clan or family will die before him. Pulling out one’s teeth in a dream also means exposing one’s secrets. Losing a tooth in a dream may imply a punishment for a wrongdoing.
If one finds the teeth of his upper jaw and those of the lower jaw intermixed in the dream, it means that the women control the men in his or family. Flossing one’s teeth in a dream means dispersal of one’s family, or loss of money and property.
(7) If after flossing one’s teeth some meat fiber remains stuck between the teeth in the dream, it means that he backbites his family members.
(8) Teeth in a dream also represent a pearl necklace, a grinder, or an army formation.
The right wing, the left wing and the front assault formation, or they could mean severing blood ties.
The incisors may represent the heart of a human being. Teeth in one’s pocket or in the palm of one’s hand in a dream represent one’s brothers.
(0) If one has an incarcerated relative, and if he sees his teeth pulled out in a dream, it means the release of his relative from prison. Pulling out one’s teeth in a dream could mean the return of a traveller to his homeland. Tartar in a dream represents weaknesses in the family. Black or broken teeth in a dream mean sorrow caused by one’s relatives. Wisdom teeth in a dream represent one’s followers, while the incisors and the canines represent his wealth, adornment, pride, or child.
The changing of their color into yellow or black in a dream mean changes in one’s life.
(10) If one’s teeth turn into iron in a dream, they mean strength. Losing one’s teeth in a dream also could mean losing one’job. Pulling out one’s teeth in a dream so that no one can see them means infertility, or loss of one’s business, loss of one’s savings, a bad relationship with one’s family, an evil act toward one’s family, or it could mean that he will try to sustain his business through a loan, then suffer from bankruptcy. Having a bad tooth in wakefulness and pulling it out in a dream means trying to comfort or appease a difficult person whose hurtfulness will eventually cease. Replacing a tooth with a bridge in a dream means recovering losses, or balancing one’s business. Having an extra tooth in a dream means losing one in wakefulness.
(Also see Body]; Pain; Teeth)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A tooth has to be pulled: miscalculations on your part are the reason for losses in the near future. You have a toothache: a huge expense is creating havoc in your bank account.
A tooth needs to be filled: you made a mistake when trying to solve a problem. Wearing false teeth: pseudo- success is all you will get unless you change your arrogant (hypocritical) attitude. Other people pulling teeth: you want to profit from someone else’s misfortune.
Depth Psychology: A woman dreaming about losing her teeth means she is afraid of losing the man she loves. In the case of a man, it means fear of becoming impotent. Teeth are a symbol of either sexual prowess or material goals. Has someone “bared his teeth”? Have remarks you have made been “biting”? People who have a hard time getting through life often dream about teeth! Dreaming about a dentist means that you are afraid that someone is going to hurt you, or that you are hoping that someone is coming to help you in a difficult situation.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you use one, you will be a party to a friend’s injury.... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. A need to express painful, repressed emotions or memories. ... New American Dream Dictionary
Folklore: Happy news.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
2. Possible dental health or hygiene issue.
3. A concern with appearance. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If one sees himself brushing his teeth, and if his gums bleed in the dream, it means that he will become free from his sins and curtail his evildoing, or it could mean the opposite, that is to proceed with abhorrent actions, cause harm to one’s own family, steal their money, or defame them. Brushing one’s teeth in a dream also could mean reservation and prudence with one’s words, purifying oneself from sin, faith after disbelief, paying one’s debts, doing what pleases God Almighty, fulfilling one’s promises, a pregnancy, or a marriage.
(Also see Broom)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
To a maiden it foretells success in a love affair, followed by a happy marriage and a large family.... The Complete Dream Book
If you see a friend brushing their teeth, it may be a warning that your friend has been talking against you. Or, you might be feeling paranoid about how good a friend they really are to you.... My Dream Interpretation
The toothbrush is a symbol of the ongoing care needed to sustain these security-building abilities.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
To see others toothless, foretells that enemies are trying in vain to calumniate you.... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. Feelings of vulnerability, defenselessness.
3. Possible health problems.
4. Obstacles in the ofﬁng. ... New American Dream Dictionary
To dream that others are toothless means that enemies are trying to damage your reputation. They will not succeed.
To dream about losing a tooth represents man’s innermost worries - death, age, weakness, destitution, and loneliness.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
2. Cleansing—likely of thoughts, possibly from the harsh words of others.
3. A possible dental health or hygiene issue. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you merely see a toothpick in your dream (but don’t use it), it means you are too picky. You needlessly dwell on minor flaws, faults and unimportant issues.... My Dream Interpretation
2. A need or desire to look at the larger picture.
3. Small anxieties and annoyances are mounting up. ... New American Dream Dictionary