• Where you are in the pregnancy will give you clues as to your progress.
If you’ve just conceived then it’s a new idea.
If you’re heavily pregnant the idea or project is nearing completion and if you’re giving birth you’re about to manifest or deliver this creative idea to the world.... The Premier in Dream Dictionary
If the former is the case, it may be obvious to you: recent encounters with your brother or sister, or some piece of news about him or her may be recognized as prompting the dream. Always be on the look-out, though, for those dreams where a brother or sister plavs a symbolic role. The dream source may choose its materials - its images - from your recent external experiences, but what those dream images represent is nearly always some part of yourself. So please read on.
(2) In early childhood a brother or sister is a natural object of jealousy and hatred. In the eyes of a small child the mother may seem to be favouring his or her sibling. When a second child is bom, the firstborn is especially likely to develop hostile feelings towards the new’ rival for mother’s attention and affection. Sometimes w’e carrv such jealous grievances (at an unconscious level) into adult life, w’here they continue to affect our behaviour and attitudes.
It is then imperative that w’e sort them out, face up to them, acknowledge them for w’hat they are, and so liberate ourselves from their damaging influence (see (3) below, second paragraph, on projections).
(3) An elder brother or sister (brother for a male dreamer, sister for a female dreamer) may represent your ‘other self (‘alter ego’), that side of your personality that has so far been neglected and undeveloped. Jung called it ‘the Shadow’’. We start adult life w’ith a self-image that is usually some sort of compromise between what w’e w’ant to be or do and w’hat parents or society at large seems to require of us.
If this self-image corresponds to our actual abilities, all may be well for a while; but a time mav come w hen wre need to give attention to other facets of our (potential) self. These other facets - our Shadow- - will show- themselves to us in dreams; and one form they take in dreams is that of an elder brother or sister.
People often project their shadow- on to a sibling of the same sex as themselves; and if it is not projected, it may express itself in all kinds of aw kward and embarrassing ways - astonishing rudeness, for example, or other antisocial behaviour. The contrast between your conscious ego and your alter ego mav be as startling as that between Jekvll and Hyde. Don’t be alarmed, though: remember alw-ays that your unconscious is vour ally - vour best friend - and even the most frightening or appalling things that reveal themselves in dreams as parts of vour unconscious are frightening or appalling, first, because of their unfamiliaritv and / or secondly, because, having been neglected and locked away in the dark, they tend to behave like a neglected child and mav become mutinous (on this phenomenon, see Demon). Pay proper attention and proper respect to them, and their threatening features will disappear; they will prove themselves valuable supplements to vour personal equipment for coping with life and achieving full satisfaction and wholeness. Introduce them into your consciousness, identify them and their needs, and give them a controlled and appropriate part to play in your waking life.
Incidentally, one test you can apply to check whether you have a neglected shadow-self is to ask yourself if there is some characteristic that you particularly dislike in other people (particularly your partner): a domineering tendency’, perhaps, or an over-liberal attitude, or whatever.
If there is (and of course you need a lot of honesty’ to admit this), then that characteristic is likely to belong to your shadow-self. We tend to project on to other people the dark, ‘nasty5 things that live in our own unconscious.
If something is going wrong in our life, we tend to put the blame on to other people, the government, or our parents; we look for some scapegoat to carry the blame. The blame, how ever, is ours, because we have not put our own house in order: we have not paid due attention to the demands of our unconscious and have not allowed our ‘other self proper scope for expression in our life.
(4) When a female dreams of a brother, or a male dreams of a sister, the brother / sister may represent w’hat Jung called the ‘soul-image’, w’hich is the masculine side of a woman’s personality (her animus) or the feminine side of a man’s personality (his anima). There would seem to be very basic differences between man and woman arising out of different biological functions (as well as less basic differences that owe their existence to social conditioning). There are w’hat have traditionally been called feminine qualities and capacities (such as gentleness, a caring disposition, creativeness, cooperativencss and relatedness, intuition) and, similarly, what have been called masculine qualities (such as aggressiveness and competitiveness, rationality’, and a tendency to analyse and look for differences). However, it is widclv accepted nowadays among psychotherapists that the male psyche also contains feminine qualities and the female psyche also contains masculine qualities, albeit often dormant and neglected, or repressed.
If you arc a man, do you admire the ‘masculine’ tv pc of woman? If vou do, vou may be in need of redressing the balance in vour psyche: vour feminine side
has possibly swamped your masculinity, and you now need to promote the latter. In your case, the anima will be rather masculine. This is just one instance of a general rule: the animus / anima will have the opposite characteristics to the conscious self-image.
Either male or female dreamers may find themselves in a dream in an heroic relationship to an anima / animus figure. A man may, in a dream, rescue a damsel in distress; a woman may waken a dead prince with a kiss. These should be seen as invitations to incorporate your anima / animus into vour conscious functioning, to rescue it from oblivion and neglect: to make Cinderella or the Frog-Prince your partner in life. Personal wholeness cannot be achieved without this. See also Cinderella, Frog, section (3), Marriage.
(5) A sister in a man’s dream or a brother in a woman’s dream may take the dreamer into some frightening abyss, to the bottom of the sea, or into a dark forest. This may represent the man’s anima or the woman’s animus leading the ego into the unconscious, to discover, for example, the deep emotional causes of a psychosomatic illness; the repressed rage that lies at the bottom of a chronic boredom; or the fount of energy or wisdom that can furnish a more fully satisfying existence. Literary and mythological representations of this can be found in the examples of Beatrice, who led Dante safely into hell and out again, and Ariadne, whose thread enabled Theseus to find his way out of the Cretan labyrinth after slaying the Minotaur. Both hell and labyrinths are symbols of the unconscious. See also Labyrinth, Monster, Underworld.
(6) Sometimes the anima / animus figure in a dream may appear in some way hostile or threatening. For example, in a man’s dream the anima may take the form of an enchantress, a femme fatale, seducing men into a lake or ocean. The watery depths may be seen as symbolizing the depths of the unconscious. The meaning of such a dream may be that the dreamer needs to explore his other - unconscious - self, despite (or, more accurately, because of) its frightening and threatening aspect. Water, however, is a symbol of the feminine, too. The meaning of the dream, therefore, might be that die dreamer is too heavily fixated on his mother and needs to liberate himself by asserting his masculinity and independence; in extreme cases the man might be in danger of being “possessed’ or ‘swallowed up’ by the feminine within his psyche. Such a dream may be, however, not a warning, but an invitation: the unconscious may be urging the man to get on better terms - equal terms - with the feminine side of his psyche. Give your anima / animus equality, and it will cease from its mutinous attempts to take over the whole of your psyche.
In the case of a woman, a dream may contain a male seducer: some Pied Piper animus figure. Again, the dreamer will have to decide whether such a dream is a warning or an invitation: a warning against being carried away by her masculinity (perhaps she has not resolved her early father fixation), or an invitation to discover and utilize her neglected masculinity. Commonsense and, above all, honesty should guide her to the correct understanding of the dream; and in any case, bear in mind what was said above about giving equality to the anima / animus.
(7) The unconscious compensates the conscious mind. It contains those qualities and capacities which the conscious mind lacks. In this sense it is the opposite of the conscious mind; hence its otherness, its alien appearance.
It follows, therefore, that the image that represents anima or animus in a dream may be the opposite of the psychological type to which the dreamer belongs. For example, if you are a woman of the intellectual type (i.e. if thinking is your strong point at the conscious level), your animus may be represented in dreams as a sentimental type (a romantic Don Juan, for instance).
If you are a sentimental woman (moved at the conscious level mainly by feelings - including moral feelings), your animus may show itself as a bearded professor or other intellectual figure.
If you are an intuitive woman (an artist, for instance), your animus mav take a muscular he-man form in dreams (the sensational type, functioning most strongly at the sensory level).
(8) If brother and sister appear together in a dream, this may symbolize either the tension of opposites, or the union of opposites. The opposites are the conscious and the unconscious contents of the psyche. Their union and interfusion are the means by which the self- the true self that is already within you but waits to be unfolded - is realized.
The appearance of this symbol will usually be an auspicious sign, meaning that, despite all appearances to the contrary, there is within you a latent and attainable order and harmony. But of course you - the conscious ego - must make that latent order real by paying loving attention to the needs of your unconscious opposite (like the prince who wakes the sleeping beauty with an embrace).... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If a woman dreams of a younger brother, it can express either her own or her brother’s rivalry or vulnerability, but if she dreams of an older brother, it might signify her extrovert self.
The sister in dreams usually represents the feeling, expressive side of your personality and you can make contact with that side of yourself by understanding your sister’s personality.
If a man dreams of older sisters, it can represent anxiety but also caring.
If the sister is younger, however, she can symbolize the vulnerable side of the male dreamer.
If a woman dreams of younger sisters, it can suggest rivalry, but if she dreams of older sisters, she may be concerned about her own practicality.... The Element Encyclopedia
To dream of an affectionate correspondence with one’s cousin, denotes a fatal rupture between families. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
See also Relatives.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
If you dream that your cousin is ignoring you, this implies that you are not recognizing the attribute that is being referred to.
To dream that you or your sibling is in love with a cousin indicates that you recognize and understand the attributes that each of you possess.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
If his relationship with them was estranged, it will be re-established.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
If you know you are pregnant and you have this dream, it represents your concerns about possible complications with the birth of your child. Th... My Dream Interpretation
To dream of being pregnant with a dying baby suggests an undertaking you worked hard for is suddenly doomed to fail. It denotes anxiety over things that are unfolding in ways you never expected.
A pregnant woman having dreams of her pregnancy usually conveys her worries in various stages of her pregnancy. First trimester dreams are usually consists of small creatures, furry animals, flowers, fruits, and water. Second trimester dreams usually cover birth complications and self-doubt about motherhood. You may also dream of giving birth to a non-human baby. Finally, in the third trimester, you tend to dream of your own mother. When a man dreams of getting a girl pregnant, it is a warning that serious consequences may result from his sexual activities.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
• Some of them are the blessings that we have asked the Lord for. Others are things that we do not desire, but have conceived because of fear or sin.
To dream that you are pregnant means that something new is about to manifest in your life.
If you are a man, you might dream that your wife is pregnant instead, and it would mean the same thing to you.
• You need to discern if the child you are pregnant with is good or not.
• If you dream that you miscarry or that a baby is stillborn, but do not really feel any concern in your dream, then it has a good interpretation.
• It means that you conceived something that was not of God, but that He has prevented it from coming to pass.
• It is a good sign that you have left the things of the past behind, or perhaps brought your flesh into line.
• I have often dreamed that I was pregnant. In one dream I was three months pregnant. It was a clear dream. When I woke up I worked it out, and three months before I had been released into ministry training.
• The Lord was confirming that He had indeed started that process in me and that I would carry it to full term.
• If you dream of giving birth early or not realizing you were pregnant, it means that the Lord has been doing something in your life behind the scenes and it will suddenly come to pass.
Negative: If you dream that you are pregnant with the baby of someone from the past that you do not like, this is negative.
• It means that you have held onto something from that time of your life and it has taken root in you.
• Perhaps you were involved with a ministry in the past that you do not feel positive about any longer.
• Dreaming of being pregnant surrounding those circumstances means that you conceived something spiritually during that time that you have still held onto.
• If you dream that you are pregnant with someone’s baby that is very negative to you, it could mean that you have given the flesh control of your life and conceived something that is not of the Lord.
• If you dream that you miscarry and you feel the pain and the struggle in the dream, then this is not a good picture.
• It means that the enemy is trying to steal the blessing that the Lord has given to you.
• If you are in ministry training, consider the tests you have faced over the last while. It could be a warning that you are going off track and need to get back again.
The interpretations for visions can be tricky. Your vision can either speak of a spiritual birth that the person is going through, or it could speak of an actual pregnancy! • If you see a baby in the womb, this could speak of the Lord conceiving and birthing something new in that person.
• Just as in the case where the Holy Spirit conceived Jesus in Mary’s womb, this would be a picture of something good that the Lord has conceived in their spirits.
• In a literal sense, it can also mean that this person you are praying with will have an actual baby! You need to use some tact when interpreting such a vision.
• I remember receiving prayer once from Apostle Les and in the spirit he saw me holding a baby. I was trying to take a spiritual picture from it, but discovered shortly afterwards that I was already 5 months pregnant! • The best thing to do is to share the vision you get with the person.
If they have desired a child, then perhaps the Lord is confirming to them that this is His will. Perhaps the Lord is even saying that they are pregnant right now.
• When praying for a couple desiring to fall pregnant, Apostle Daphne Crause clearly saw a baby in the womb. It turned out that the woman was indeed pregnant at the time. That word brought both confirmation and hope that this was of the Lord.
• Spiritually speaking, when we have faith we birth the blessings of God in our lives. This can speak of both spiritual and natural blessings.
• Hebrews 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself laid hold of the ability to fall pregnant, and gave birth past the time of life, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Negative: Apostle Daphne has been used of the Lord very often to pray for couples to fall pregnant, because of her own travail in this area. In her book the Way to Effective Prayer she gives both her story and some very practical steps to follow if you are trying to fall pregnant.
• I remember her praying for a lady once who was having medical problems with her pregnancy. Doctors said that it would be a hard birth, and her chances of having any children in the future were near impossible.
• Daphne went into prayer and saw something demonic attacking the child in the womb. She stood against this, and against all odds the woman went on to have not just one, but three children afterwards! • If you see a vision of a woman miscarrying and it is not literal, then it means that the person you are praying for is losing the blessing that God has given by allowing sin in their lives or because of a curse.
• To have a vision of someone that is barren is an indication of a curse in that person’s life.
See also: Baby, Birth, Child.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
If you want to be physically pregnant, this may be a message from your inner being you have conceived.... The Dream Books Symbols
Revelation and inspiration.
The coming of spring; something new happening at the coming of spring. Astrological parallel: Cancer, Pisces, Aries Tarot parallel: The Empress... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
A year full of barakah and blessings. This is sure to happen.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
2. Someone to call on for special help. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you dream that your sister has died: your life will take a turn for the worse. Saying goodbye to your sister: you will be on your own in the near future. Seeing a nun: you will receive help in a dire situation.
A woman dreaming about a nun: be more helpful to others. See Nun.
Depth Psychology: If you have a sister, the dream will reveal the real relationship you have with her. Sometimes the dream may refer to character traits that, while similar, do not quite match those of your sister. See Siblings.... Dreamers Dictionary
If you do not have a sister and dream that you have one, then it implies that you possess certain qualities that you have not discovered as of yet. Consider what the sister is saying and doing.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
If you don’t have a sister, then this dream reflects someone with whom you share a kinship, a sisterly bond where your secrets are safe and you feel nurtured.
For some a sister represents rivalry or competition. Consider the feeling tone.... Strangest Dream Explanations
If she is younger then she can epitomize the more vulnerable side of him. In a woman’s dream if the sister is younger, she can represent rivalry.
If older she stands for capability.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If you two have different relationships with your parents, your dream may be calling attention to your feelings about that. Or, someone you just met could have qualities similar to your sister.
If you do not have a sister and dream that you have one, then it signifies some qualities that you need to find or develop within your own self. Pay attention to the actions and behavior of your dream sister, for they are your biggest clue about what those qualities might be.... My Dream Interpretation
For a man, it signifies emotional security, but for a woman, it portends domestic disagreements.
An objective dream of sibling unity between sisters is an indication of emotional stability.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
This kind of dream can also acknowledge one’s close feelings with others who are like a sister.... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
The feminine side of the dreamer, the emotional side. According to Steckel and Freud, breasts.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
If you are arguing with your sister-in-law, it may imply that you refuse to accept that you both have certain aspects or attributes in common.... Dream Symbols and Analysis
If you do not have step-brothers and step-sisters in waking life, this may indicate a lack of intimacy and connection in your current social circle. See also RELATIONSHIPS.... The Element Encyclopedia