It is shown as the uphill struggle in life, looking back or down from which one has wisdom.
It is also the test of self trust, facing fear. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
You want to get some perspective on your life. It may also mean that you have difficulty in advancing socially, as in Climbing, Obstacle, Exam / Test, Summit.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
2- There may be a step we need to take which will psychologically put us either on edge or on the edge in such a wav that we must overcome our own fears in order to proceed through our own limitations.
3- The cliff edge denotes a step off into the Unknown.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
A crucial turning point in life that requires a decision, especially one pertaining to polarities, such as “good” versus “evil” or action versus waiting.
Real or perceived danger that exists in your current situation. Are you about to dive into something without really looking first?
Falling off of: A type of falling dream in which it’s important to figure out exactly what the cliff represents.... The Language of Dreams
A cliff equally can suggest an obstacle to be scaled.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If you reach the top, you’ll succeed.
Standing on the edge of a cliff indicates obstacles ahead that can only be averted by taking risks.
If you jump off the cliff, you’ll choose to take those risks - and if you land safely, all will be will. But if you fall off, you’ll feel you have no choice.
Diving off a cliff, or seeing someone else dive off a cliff, indicates welcoming a challenge.... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
(1) What is symbolized may be a critical point in vour life, a time for decision.
(2) The decision may be one concerning the polarity of male and female, the masculine and feminine components in your psyche.
If you are a woman, it may be that a decision has to be made concerning the conflicting worlds of career and domesticity. (Sky would then symbolize masculine assertiveness and active participation in the world; sea, feminine attributes such as motherhood and nurturing.)
(3) The cliff edge may be ‘the end of the road’, signifying that you have come as far as you can in a particular endeavour of lifestyle, and that something radically new is called for. Perhaps this new approach to living means entering into a close relationship with Nature (represented by sea and sky) or bringing together the conscious and unconscious parts of your psyche (sky representing consciousness, sea the unconscious).
It may be a question of whether you can find within yourself enough strength and faith to step out into the unknown future; or throw yourself off the cliff - that is, withdraw from life’s challenge.
(4) The horizon may be the significant thing in the dream. This may mean you are being challenged to take a bigger view of things, to see life and / or yourself on a grander scale, in order to find a new and more satisfying motivation for your life.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If you are pushed off or jump off a cliff, you are being instructed to make a decision, move ahead, and venture into unexplored territory. Falling off a cliff may also suggest being out of control; do not get yourself into something you cannot get out of.... The Dream Books Symbols
If you dream that you get to climb a cliff it is an omen of good fortune for all projects you want to start.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
If you dream about being on a cliff, it may relate to an important decision or a difficult situation. You may need to take a risk by overcoming fears and stepping into the unknown.... The Element Encyclopedia
Avoid any speculation or risks for the next few months unless you were successfully scaling the cliff, in which case the augury is reversed and indicates satisfactory rewards for your efforts.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
An increase in the level of consciousness may have occurred. Through hard work and perseverance, the dreamer may have reached a vantage or plateau of understanding.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
To climb a ladder to the last rung, you will succeed in business; but if the ladder breaks, you will be plunged into unexpected straits, and accidents may happen to you.
To see yourself climbing the side of a house in some mysterious way in a dream, and to have a window suddenly open to let you in, foretells that you will make or have made extraordinary ventures against the approbation of friends, but success will eventually crown your efforts, though there will be times when despair will almost enshroud you. See Ascend Hill and Mountain. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
2. If climbing is easy, goals are being achieved easily. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you dream of a very long climb, potentially the desire to retreat or escape. Alternatively, this can portend a lengthy period of hard work before you reach your goals.
To a platform: A type of ivory tower from which it is easy to fall. Alternatively, a place where you can get a better outlook.
Over a wall: Anxiousness, or the need to escape from a restrictive situation imposed by your family, society, religion, or whatever. Alternatively, overcoming an obstacle.... The Language of Dreams
If the climb takes a lot of effort or is difficult: many problems need to be overcome before you are rewarded for your efforts. Climbing a high mountain: difficult obligations in your life have to be concluded. In the case of men, this dream symbol often indicates fear of sexual dysfunction. Climbing a steep mountain with your intimate partner: you desire sexual climax.
Depth Psychology: This dream symbol is always seen as a form of spiritual renewal.
If the dream has sexual connotations: you are longing to reach orgasm.
The dream could also raise such questions as: are you climbing the social ladder? Do you find the climb difficult? What else do you see on your climb? See Mountain, Rock.... Dreamers Dictionary
Climbing the ladder of success; attempting to reach the top.
Ascent towards higher consciousness, aiming for a higher purpose in life. Astrological parallels: Saturn, Capricorn Tarot parallel: The Fool... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
(1) Climbing may be a symbol of ambition or success. Does the climbing fill you with fear; or do you feel giddy when you reach the top? If so, this may symbolize a fear (unconscious) of ‘coming a cropper’. Perhaps you need to sort out an inferiority complex. On the other hand, the dream may be a warning. There is such a thing as climbing too high. ‘Pride comes before a fall.’
(2) Are you climbing (a tree, for instance) to escape from a fierce animal or to save yourself from a river in flood? This would symbolize an attempt to escape from some emotion, some inner disturbance; or from some external situation - at home or at work.
(3) Climbing a mountain may give you a panoramic view. This might mean that you desire - or need - a more detached view of yourself or your situation; that you need to get things in proportion; or that you need to lift yourself above mere material values.
(4) On the other hand, climbing a mountain may be a form of escapism, and the mountain an ivory tower where the world and your problems (external or inner) can be left behind. Needless to say, anxiety, resentment, inner conflict can never be left behind; not, at any rate, until you face them and talk things out with them. Otherwise, wherever you are, they are. (For ‘talking things out’)
(5) Climbing a wall, particularly if it has jutting-out bricks or stones that you can take hold of, may (Freud would say must) represent, for a male dreamer, sexual intercourse. The protuberances are symbols of female buttocks and breasts.
On the other hand, it may express (a need for) liberation - for example, from irrational or neurotic constraints; from a habit of selfdenigration; or from a state of morbid withdrawal from life.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
A climb is the effort that must be expended to reach a particular goal. All goals require effort; many can involve struggle. As you identify what struggle in your life might be represented by the climb, the feelings and images in the dream can inform how you are approaching the current challenge in your life.
A dramatic shift is akin to embarking on a journey of some kind, whether it is emotional, financial, spiritual, or dealing with a health challenge. It may show up in a dream as a climb as your psyche tries to show you that you have the resources to make it to the top, despite the fear or intensity of the effort involved. By the same token, the dream may be telling you that you may be overemphasizing the struggles in your life and that you are applying more effort than is required.
If this is the case, consider the lack of balance between effort and expectations you are currently experiencing. Your job is to define the journey and find the balance between intent and effort. This way, the ascent to your destination can be met with joy and enthusiasm.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
(Also see Kllimar; Veil)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
If the stairs are in a home, it is your sense of self that is being examined. Social issues and how you operate in the world are connected to a stairway that is located in a building or public place. Moving upward could indicate an increase in awareness and a readiness to elevate your thought process. Moving downward might connect to reexamining your past or considering something more deeply.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
If the climb in your dream is extremely difficult, it may be pointing to some obstacles that you need to overcome before reaching your goals. Consider all of the details in your dream, and if you recently completed a difficult task, achieved a goal (e.g. graduating), this dream may be reflective in nature. See also: Cliff ... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If we maintain some awareness in these deeps of the mind, it is somewhat like snorkelling in deep sea; we realise what immense and unbelievable depths lie beneath us. Dreams often portray this as depth—a hole, deep water, a chasm; space; our non-verbal life in the womb, or early childhood, which is remembered as patterns of feeling reaction rather than verbal utterance. In the depths we may find gems, skeletons, archaeological objects, and these relate to the memory of our evolutionary past, family influences we carry within us unknown. Deep cuts: suggests a hurt which penetrates us; or emotions which affect us powerfully. Idioms: in deep water, in the deep end; deeply troubled; deeply hurt. ... A Guide to Dreams and Sleep Experiences
1- When we dream of the deep we are usually considering past family influences of which we mav not be consciously mindful.
2- We may be trying to understand archetypal patterns which have not been recognisable in the past.
There may be information available to us which we can only understand through being able to appreciate our own emotions.
3- The Unknown, and therefore the unfathomable, is often symbolised by depth in some way - deep water, deep underground etc.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
The deeper you go, the more profound the pain and the gain.... Strangest Dream Explanations
This can be accompanied by feelings of discovery or dread. “Deep” is also found in a number of interesting idioms, such as at the “deep end” or in “deep water.” One can be deeply hurt or deeply troubled.... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
(Also see Frying)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
A sudden fall into water in a dream also means joy and money.... Islamic Dream Interpretation
If a lagoon appears mysteriously, reminding you that still waters run deep, this could be referring to your own hidden strengths or weaknesses. Some dream researchers believe that lagoons in dreams are symbols of the womb, so perhaps when they appear in a dream, you are longing to retreat to a safe haven.
If you are a woman, they may refer to a desire for children and if you are a man, a longing for intimacy. Dream ponds can also reflect your unconscious personality, facets of which will be represented by the creatures who live in it.
If your dream pond is lifeless and stagnant, is your emotional life currently unfulfilling? If you watched a fish swim to the surface, could it have represented the emergence of your intuition? If the pool suddenly transforms into a whirlpool or maelstrom, this suggests emotional turbulence or confusion in waking life.... The Element Encyclopedia