If a woman dreams that she kills a lot of buffaloes, she will undertake a stupendous enterprise, but by enforcing will power and leaving off material pleasures, she will win commendation from men, and may receive long wished for favors. Buffalo, seen in a dream, augurs obstinate and powerful but stupid enemies. They will boldly declare against you but by diplomacy you will escape much misfortune. ... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
(Wild ox) A buffalo in a dream represents a strong, innovative and a forbearing leader, who is courageous and well respected by his followers.
If a woman sees herself having buffalo’s horns in a dream, it means that she will preside over a group of people or marry a man who is a leader in his community.
A buffalo in a dream also represents an intelligent but fraudulent person who travels extensively and who is persistent in his demands. In a dream, a buffalo also means striving, toiling and tight handedness, though others may still benefit from him. Ifa buffalo is used in plowing in a dream, it connotes an insult, or a misdeed.
If you dream of a single buffalo you will see an inordinate amount of income in the next few weeks but if you killed, or injured, the beast then you must, under no circumstances, accept any new venture offered to you.
To dream of seeing a herd of buffalo presages peace and plenty.
If a buffalo lets you pet it, you will have a tranquil married life.... Encyclopedia of Dreams
Large profits are forecast in a dream in- volving this rare animal, unless you killed or in- jured it, in which case be extra careful concerning any new venture offered.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
One of the most sacred animals to most Native Americans, the buffalo connects to gratitude, abundance, prosperity, and provision. When the buffalo appears in your dreams, you are being called to recognize the amazing way in which your life rises up to meet every need you could possibly have.
The spiritual principle of gratitude is connected to this majestic beast.... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
(1) If you are being chased in a dream, what is chasing you probably symbolizes something you are afraid of, either in your external life or - more commonly - in your inner self, your unconscious. For example, a woman who dreams of being chased by men is probably afraid of sex. (Freud would add that her dreams present, in disguise, an unconscious, repressed desire for sex.)
(2) If you are doing the chasing, the ‘you’ in your dream is probably your conscious ego and the thing you are chasing is almost certainly some part of yourself that frightens you. Chasing it away means disowning it, banishing it from your conscious life. It might be much better to try to integrate it into your conscious life. At the very least, get to know it and understand it.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If it is the dreamer dying, it never has any connection to a real impending physical death. Rather, it is a reference to the need to change one’s path in life and allow old attitudes to die. Death usually means that radical change is necessary.
Basically, there are eight different levels of this symbol:
1. An indication that a necessary end has come to a certain phase.
It is a transition to something new.
2. The desire to shed something (attitudes, behavior, situation, etc.).
3. A suggestion to come to terms with death and the fear of death, meaning a search for fulfillment and productivity.
4. A limit has been reached and there is an inability to know how to go beyond that limit.
5. A suggestion to take better care of one’s health.
6. Something is dying inside.
7. A close connection with somebody deceased.
8. A desire for peace, solitude, and harmony (“the death of fear”).
According to Jung, dreaming about death means letting go of something that has died; it is a symbol of transformation and a new beginning.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
(Murder; Suicide) Killing in a dream represents a major sin.
If one kills himself, or commits suicide in fear of the consequences of his sins in a dream, it means that he is offering true repentance from his sins, though committing suicide is a major sin that will lead its author to eternal sufferings in hell-fire. Killing a human being in a dream means committing an evil and an atrocious sin. On the other hand, committing an outrageous sin, or a conspicuously objectionable act in a dream may mean killing someone.
If one is killed in a dream, it means longevity and that he will acquire a great wealth from the one who kills him in the dream.
If one kills someone without slaughtering him in a dream, it means that the victim will benefit greatly from his assailant. Slaughtering in a dream means injustice. Killing someone in a dream also means relief from depression, grief, affliction and sorrow. Killing oneself in a dream also means recognition of the value of lost benefits.
If one is murdered in a dream and did not know who killed him, it indicates his failure to fulfill his religious duties.
If one recognizes his murderer in the dream, then it means triumph over one’s enemy. Ifone sees a victim swimming in a pool of blood that is pouring from his jugular veins in the dream, it means that the victim will suffer greatly from the defamation and slander of his assailant. Ifone intentionally commits suicide in a dream, it means that he is a subversive rebel and a disobedient servant of God almighty. Confessing to a murder in a dream means gaining the upper hand. Killing in a dream also could mean that one is missing his prayers, or neglecting them. Killing one’s own son in a dream means receiving money.
If one dies as a martyr in a dream, it also means profits, fulfillment of a promise, business success, or perhaps that he maybe assassinated, or drown, or die under a collapsed structure.
If the victim in the dream is a witness in court, it means that his testimony will be accepted, or perhaps it could mean that he will enjoy abundance ofblessings in his life.
If you are killing someone in your dreams, you are probably expressing hostile feelings. Consider this an opportunity to look at your negative feelings and decide what would be the best and the least destructive way to address them.
If you are a witness to a killing, you may be reflecting on changes going on around you that you don’t particularly like.
To kill a defenseless person; failure in an endeavor.
To kill in defense; Success and advancement.
For more details see also: Blood, Attack, Anger, Shooting... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If the dreamer is killing an enemy, this implies the end of a difficult time in his life attained through his own efforts.
If the dreamer accidentally kills someone, caution in dealing with upcoming situations is called for.
Dreaming of actually being killed is a warning: Something in your life is “killing” your joie de vivre, and the situation should be rectified right away.
Rarely, a death. But for the most part, dreaming of killing is NOT a harbinger of death - and, of course, the dreamer’s death is never shown. Astrological parallels: Pluto, Scorpio Tarot parallel: Death... Dream Explanations of Astro Center
If you dreamed of killing someone, whether intentionally or by acci- dent, it signifies a period of severe emotional stress during which you must make a heroic effort to control your temper. To dream of being a wit- ness to a killing por- tends a change which will not be entirely to your liking. A dream of see- ing others kill insects or animals prophesies help from friendly sources, but to dream of killing them yourself predicts that you will overcome your ob- stacles through your own efforts.... The Complete Guide to Interpreting Your Dreams
(1) Murder in a dream may express your hatred or envy towards the person. There is often enmity or rivalry between siblings, or (unconscious) hostility towards a parent or partner. (For Oedipus complex)
(2) Killing a person or animal may symbolize repression / suppression of some aspect of yourself - for example, some instinct or desire. Repressed contents of the unconscious need to be integrated into your conscious life. Alternatively it may represent putting an end to negative self-programming arising out of, for example, irrational guilt-feelings and associated fears. The dream is probably recommending that you should do this. See also Sacrifice.
(3) If the victim is dearly of the opposite sex, he or she or it may symbolize your partner - in which case see (1) above - or your anima / animus. Are you depriving the contrasexual qualities of your personality, not allowing them an equal role in your life? (On anima / animus, see Brothcr / Sistcr, sections (4)~(6))... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
If you dream about killing a person, an animal or see people or animals being killed, this does not mean you have latent violent tendencies. Instead it can mean the death of thoughts and actions that have been restricting your personal growth. A deliberate act of murder might suggest hostility, with the identity of the victim and murderer assisting with the interpretation. Killing an authority figure typically suggests a desire to escape social or personal constraints.
Killing a parent points to unresolved childhood conflicts, perhaps deep-seated resentments that have not been expressed.
If the parent was of the opposite sex, Freudians might consider it as evidence of the Oedipus complex. A dream of poison—either poisoning someone or being poisoned yourself—may refer to some underhand action we are taking or which is being taken against us. Look for clues in the dream. Who or what is being poisoned? Is someone you know in waking life poisoning your attitude unbeknownst to you? What is the color of the poison? Are you poisoning yourself in some way?... The Element Encyclopedia
Dreams of killing indicate the changes occurring within you, since death in a dream always represents change. The type of change is signified by who or what is killed in the dream. For instance, the dreamer killing a tiger represents changing a habit.... The Element Encyclopedia
Attempting to kill the animal within (our lower brain functions) can cause tension, depression and illness; giving in entirely is no answer either as our higher brain functions need expression also. One of the challenges of maturing and growing is to meet and relate to our ‘animal instincts’, and if possible find ways to express them positively. To dream of eating an animal suggests that you need to draw upon your own inner wisdom and energy, but it can also suggest a desire for sensual pleasure.... The Element Encyclopedia
This is symbolic of destroying the energy derived from the instincts.
It is trying to eradicate the very raw power of basic behaviour. Taming or harnessing the animal shows the efforts made to control our instincts and, if possible, make them productive and useful.... Dream Meanings of Versatile