To see others blind, denotes that some worthy person will call on you for aid.... Ten Thousand Dream Interpretation
If you dream of somebody else who is blind, it is a warning that someone you trust is trying to deceive you.... My Dream Interpretation
If you yourself are the blind one, the predictions are that you are overlooking personal faults and are due for some changes, either in your occupation or living conditions.... Psycho Dream Interpretation
(1) Ask yourself what you are turning a blind eye to. Is it something external: some problem in your work or in your domestic partnership? Lack of success in one job or in one relationship does not necessarily mean that you are a failure. It may mean only that you are failing or not getting fulfilment in that particular job or relationship. So look for another, more suitable one. On the other hand, what has gone wrong in your external life may be an effect of some repressed material in your unconscious, so see (2) below.
(2) Are you refusing to see what is going on inside you? Obviously, what is going on inside you - emotional conflict, for example - may be a result of your present work or domestic situation. It may, how ever, have a long history: perhaps the conflict, or guilt-feelings and failure- programming, or self-denigration or whatever, started in childhood. Whatever it is, face up to it; stop ignoring or evading it. First, identify it and then try to get back to the time in your life when it first showed itself. It may be difficult to trace repressed material to its origins w ithout the help of a psychotherapist. But make a real effort, asking your unconscious to reveal more of itself, and more clearly, in your dreams (or, for that matter, in meditation). The unconscious is not your enemy, it is there to assist and guide you in your quest for happiness and wholeness.
It is repressed desires, festering w’ithin your
unconscious, that are your enemies, and even they are enemies only so long as you continue to ignore and neglect them.
(3) Being blind may mean not knowing where you are going and / or a feeling of helplessness. In that case, you need to challenge the ‘you’ that is making excuses for not taking control of and accepting responsibility for your life. Take this Vou’ in hand. You are not blind: you can see very w’ell w’hat is going on in your psyche - if you w ant to.... A Dictionary of Dream Symbols
In ancient Greece, the seer Tiresias was blind. In this sense, the oneiric blindness represents preference for insight discovery over external perception. Therefore, it symbolizes wisdom and self-knowledge.... The Big Dictionary of Dreams
2. Fears of castration. ... New American Dream Dictionary
If you are experiencing a loss of vision in your dream, you may be expressing an unconscious fear of being unable to see what is coming next in your life. Consider that a person who is blind represents limited sight but also the increase of other senses, especially intuition. Being unable to see exactly how things are going to manifest is often the very ingredient necessary for them to do so. Blind faith is one of the most powerful energies there is.
(See Disability.)... Complete Dictionary of Dreams
Dreams are a universal feature of the human mind. Carl Jung even believed that visions in our dreams offer glimpses into universal archetypes, instinctive primordial images derived from a collective unconscious built into the very structure of the human brain. You might think, then, that even blind people could tap into this instinctive pool of primordial images and see them in their dreams.
There have been studies into whether or not congenitally blind people dream in visual images, but the findings have been mixed— some studies conclude that congenitally blind people do not dream in visual images, whilst other reports conclude that may do. The general consensus is that although people who are blind certainly do dream, their dreams are believed to be visual only to the extent that they can see, or could see before their blindness, in their waking life. People who are blind from birth are believed to have dreams that are primarily auditory, with their other intact senses participating to about the same degree that they do in a sighted person’s dreams. Such people are not thought to dream in visual images. People who are legally blind but are able to see blurs of movement, light and color would have a visual dimension to their dreams matching what they see when they are awake.... The Element Encyclopedia
2. A need to reevaluate reasons or motives for actions or current attitudes.
3. Disappointments in the ofﬁng. ... New American Dream Dictionary
To blindfold someone else means you have knowledge that you should be giving to someone else.... Gypsy Dream Dictionary
The omen is worse if you stumble in the dream.... The Complete Dream Book
If you dream that you are being blindfolded, then this dream is showing you that you may be following someone blindly, or giving up your control issues and learning to trust. Consider the feeling tone.... Strangest Dream Explanations
It is a transition between two states. It also signifies some kind of initiation.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If we are blindfolding someone else, we are not being honest in our dealings with other people. This may be through ignorance on our part.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
If we are blindfolding someone else we are not being honest in our dealings with other people. This may be through ignorance on our part.
2- Psychologically we may need to spend time ‘in retreat’ that is cut off” from visual contact with the external world.
3- In spiritual terms, blindfolding is a rite of Passage.
It is a transition between two states.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
3. Feelings of ignorance.
4. Codependence (leading the blind).
5. Adventures to come (also leading the blind). ... New American Dream Dictionary
A blind man in a dream represents a poor person and because of his poverty, his actions mostly harm his religious life. Blindness in a dream also means a calamity, an accident, a misfortune, sadness, harm, sorrows and distress.
If a blind man sees himself wrapped with new cloth in a dream, it means his death. Ifone sees himselfblind in a dream, it means debts he owes, or a pilgrimage he must attend.
If one is blinded in a dream, it means that he will betray his covenant with his Lord. Becoming blind in a dream means suffering from poverty and becoming needy after being rich, or it could mean satisfaction and contentment, or it could mean losing a dear person. Ifone’s sight explodes with a lightning in a dream, it means his death. Blindness also could denote deafness, disregarding the world or renouncing it or hiding one’s secrets. As for a foreigner, seeing himself blind in a dream means never returning to his homeland. Blindness in a dream for a prisoner means his release from jail.
If a seeker, a student, or a businessman sees himselfblind in a dream, it means that he may never reach his goals.
(Also see Body); Destruction; Eyes; Fear; One-eyed; World)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
The dreamer is threatened by the unconscious material being processed by the dream, and he cannot bring it to his conscious attention.
The good news is that dreams are cyclical in nature.
A message that cannot get through at the current time will repeat itself at a future date.
The very central point of dreams is to make us aware of all aspects of ourselves and our lives. Enlightenment and integration of unconscious and conscious components take time and desire. What you cannot see in a dream currently will become visible when you are more able to effectively cope with the message. This definition also applies to darkness and sleep as dream symbols.... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
If you’re the one who’s blind, someone close to you is about to betray you.
If someone else in your dream is blind, it means deceit, and you should be alert to any type of treacherous behavior around you.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
2- Intellectually we may be aware of certain facts, but choose not to use that knowledge in the most appropriate way.
3- Spiritually, blindness is a form of ignorance. It can suggest the irrational.
It is also a form of initiation.... Ten Thousand Dream Dictionary
Entering a situation in which impartiality is nothing less than essential. In the Tarot, Justice is blinded so that she may render a fair judgment.
Not seeing something that’s important, a refusal to face reality, or overlooking the obvious (e.g., “wearing blinders”).
A sense of helplessness.
A type of desertion dream.
Turning your back on the issues due to overt romanticism (e.g., “love is blind”).
Wearing a blindfold: Self-imposed inattentiveness or ignorance; refusal to see things for what they are truly.... The Language of Dreams
Depth Psychology: This dream is usually a warning: stop going through life with your “eyes closed.” It is also a challenge to stop turning a “blind eye” to the opportunities and dangers of everyday life—open your eyes to reality. See Deafness, Eyes.... Dreamers Dictionary
It is also a form of initiation.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
As a dream symbol, blindness represents lack of awareness, either being truly unaware of something important that is occurring in one’s life or “turning a blind eye” to something about which one does not wish to know. Also, because our culture associates blindfolds with firing squads, blindfolds may indicate the sense of carrying out an execution, or of being executed.... Dream Symbols in The Dream Encyclopedia
To dream that you are opening the blindes indicates that you are ready to reveal something hidden.... My Dream Interpretation